Grade Conversion Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alectrify

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure I was converting my grades correctly (from my school to the AADSAS grade). The highest grade at my school is an A (4.0). B would be 3.0, C would be 2.0, etc. I believe the AADSAS also goes by this metric, but I just wanted to confirm here. Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

So if a school's +/- "quality points" system aligns with the AADSAS system, there's no need to convert anything, right?

Example: If at my school a B+ = 3.33 quality points, I'd leave it as a B+ for the AADSAS grade, yes?

Members don't see this ad :)
So if a school's +/- "quality points" system aligns with the AADSAS system, there's no need to convert anything, right?

Example: If at my school a B+ = 3.33 quality points, I'd leave it as a B+ for the AADSAS grade, yes?

I believe you must enter it as it appears on your transcript. The AADSAS calculates both +/- and standard letter grades I believe. TMDSAS only does letter grades. So to answer your question, yes lol

I believe you must enter it as it appears on your transcript. The AADSAS calculates both +/- and standard letter grades I believe. TMDSAS only does letter grades. So to answer your question, yes lol
Right, but on AADSAS there's a drop down box for your grade as it appears on your transcript, and then there's another drop down box for the "AADSAS grade," and it says "convert the grade on your transcript to the correct standardized letter grade. ..." Right now my grades for both are identical (I didn't convert, just left them the same), because my school's +/- matches AADSAS's +/- in terms of quality points, so I think that's right...?

Right, but on AADSAS there's a drop down box for your grade as it appears on your transcript, and then there's another drop down box for the "AADSAS grade," and it says "convert the grade on your transcript to the correct standardized letter grade. ..." Right now my grades for both are identical (I didn't convert, just left them the same), because my school's +/- matches AADSAS's +/- in terms of quality points, so I think that's right...?

Huh. I did not know that. Interesting...
Which do you think is more important to dental schools?

Huh. I did not know that. Interesting...
Which do you think is more important to dental schools?
I think the "AADSAS grades" is their attempt at standardizing grades across institutions? I don't really understand it. It doesn't just mean "without +/-" because all options are available under the AADSAS grade drop box, including +/-, AB, etc. If the box just had options "A, B, C, D, F" I'd get that. But I don't understand what I'm supposed to convert or why. And their instructions are not clear.

I think the "AADSAS grades" is their attempt at standardizing grades across institutions? I don't really understand it. It doesn't just mean "without +/-" because all options are available under the AADSAS grade drop box, including +/-, AB, etc. If the box just had options "A, B, C, D, F" I'd get that. But I don't understand what I'm supposed to convert or why. And their instructions are not clear.

Hmm. I believe so. I guess standardizng is only fair since some schools use +/- and others don't.