DO Grade improvement after submitting application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shcksdid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you achieve your August grades as you plan, you may very well get some interviews. I will say though, it might have served you well to have retake those premed prereqss prior to your mcat exam. Might have had a different score and had less concern from ad coms when looking at your pre reqs. Nonetheless, good luck (and thanks for your service. )

If you achieve your August grades as you plan, you may very well get some interviews. I will say though, it might have served you well to have retake those premed prereqss prior to your mcat exam. Might have had a different score and had less concern from ad coms when looking at your pre reqs. Nonetheless, good luck (and thanks for your service. )
Thank you for the reply. Do you think it will be worth it to retake the two courses during fall semester? Or do you think I will be better off taking upper science courses, or study and retake the MCAT?

Your mcat is acceptable for DO schools, not a shoo-in but doable. As for your class retakes... I think you can get by without retaking Ochem II. Just personally, I'd hate to do orgo all over again. In your case, your retake of GEn chem I will surely toss you over the 3.5 sci gpa (which mitigates the cgpa a bit). Either way, you're likely to pass the 3.5 number by either 1 retake or upper level. This is different though if you're highly saturated with sci courses in which an A would not bump you up a 0.1. Be wise with your selection for upper sci. See how many you need and predict how your gpa would change if you say get a A in one but a B+ in another. I'm not saying you won't get an A in both but it may very well happen, and those + or - marks on grades do make an impact at this point for you. If it seems risky... play it safe with your retake. Or do a retake and an upper level.

If you get your August grades as predicted, you won't be autoscreened out of any DO school, so make of that what you will.