Grade Replacement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

footNankle

DMU DPM c/o 2019
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought you guys should know.... AACPMAS now does grade replacement!!!!

From the application frequently asked questions:

Q: If I have taken a course more than once, does AACPMAS take the higher grade?
A: AACPMAS will take the most recent grade received in a repeated course whether it is higher or lower than the first time it was taken. If you have a repeated course, enter the first grade in the College Courses Completed but leave the hours as zero. Enter the hours and grade for the course that was taken most recently to replace the repeated course. During the Transcript Review process, indicate that you have repeated a course, and mark the final attempts of any repeated courses as such.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well actually hang on a second, just called them and it appears they are having some technical support issues. A lot of the info on the site is actually meant for the optometry school application system, we'll see if this is actually the new policy.

Here's to hoping. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Man...if this happens I'm going to DMU

Man...if this happens I'm going to DMU

I'm guessing grade replacement isn't going to be the new policy, unfortunately. And honestly, I'm not really sure it would give people much of an advantage anyway.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know exactly when the application opens up tomorrow? Is it at 12:01 AM?

Eh when about half the schools accept ppl with lower than 2.5 gpas I guess it doesn't matter.

Hey @footNankle i'm assuming this was just an error on the site?

Got my hopes up for a bit lol. Oh well. Back on the grind !

Honestly at this point I'm still not sure. There seems to be a lot of contradictory information on the website.

On the application itself, it actually does sound like grade replacement is the new policy, assuming you repeated the course at the same university. It's not like DO school however. They take the grade of your most recent attempt, not the best attempt. So if you take a class and get a C, and then take it again and get a D, then the D is the grade that gets factored into your GPA.

However, according to the FAQ:

Q: If I have taken a course more than once, does AACPMAS take the higher grade?
A: AACPMAS will calculate both the original course and the repeated course grades in your GPA. Please note that all undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, graduate and professional coursework is included in the GPAs.

AACPMAS completely changed the application for this year, and from what I gather the FAQs and instructions weren't explicitly written for the new app. I think what happened was that they took the FAQs and instructions from the optometry school application and just copy and pasted it into the podiatry school application.

For instance I found this in the instructions:
Employment:
All paid employment (non-optometric). Please list in chronological order from most recent to least recent and include a brief description of your responsibilities.

If I had to guess, I'd say that grade replacement is now a part of the podiatry school application. However we won't know for sure until our grades are verified and GPAs calculated.

my friend sent an email ad this was response for him
That is correct, all graded attempts of
repeated courses are included in the GPA calculations, we do not offer grade
forgiveness.