Grade Replacement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mafunk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed several folks have mentioned 'grade replacement' in relation to D.O. programs. I'm looking at applying to ATSU-SOMA and Midwestern Glendale. In searching their sites I do not see anything about grade replacement.

Do all D.O. schools offer grade replacement? I have two ancient B's from my undergrad years that I would love to replace

Members don't see this ad.

Wait, wait. You only have two B's? I don't think you need to worry about grade replacement... if what you're saying is every other grade you got was an A+/A/A- your GPA is what 3.95? You do not need to worry about grade replacement!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, the grade replacement takes place when you submit your coursework to AACOMAS. Every osteopathic school gets your GPA info through AACOMAS. The replaced courses will not calc into your GPA.

Except TCOM

Wait, wait. You only have two B's? I don't think you need to worry about grade replacement... if what you're saying is every other grade you got was an A+/A/A- your GPA is what 3.95? You do not need to worry about grade replacement!

Yeah going to have to agree with this. Your time will probably be better spent watching YouTube videos than replacing your 2 *gasp* Bs.

Haha dude dont even worry about it. I had like 8 Cs and maybe 2 Ds from undergrad and I didnt replace a single grade. A B isnt a bad grade!!!

Thanks for the info and the votes of confidence. I figure since I'm an older applicant I need to have kick butt grades and MCAT score to be a viable candidate.... thus the focus on raising my grades.

Actually I was summa cum laude in a non-science major. I only took two science courses and just earned a B and B+ even though I tried hard. At the time I had two babies, an undiagnosed mold allergy with constant 101+ temp and was taking 22 credits, so I'm hoping to earn higher science grades now that my kids are raised and the only thing I have to do is take a few science classes.

If you care to respond: Of the hard science, chemistry, bio, physics, which did you find most challenging and why?

I do not enjoy memorization but do quite well in subjects like math that rely on working formulas or subjects like philosophy that require critical reasoning. So, I would assume that I will find physics easier than chemistry, as it relies more on formulas/reasoning and less on memorization. Anyone else find this to be the case?

Haha dude dont even worry about it. I had like 8 Cs and maybe 2 Ds from undergrad and I didnt replace a single grade. A B isnt a bad grade!!!

I know this comment is ancient, but you didn't replace a SINGLE grade? How did you get in?

I currently have 8 C's and 3 D's from irrelevant Community College courses :confused: