grade update issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiethela

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had a question about sending an update with updated transcript to a school I am waitlisted at.

I used to have 3.81 when applying, and now have a 3.78. I know it's not a huge change, but I don't have any significant circumstances to explain this, besides taking harder classes, traveling out of town for interviews, general senioritis, etc.

Although one plus is that I finally got an A- in an upper-level bio course, which covers the same subject that gave me a solid B in the intro level.

Do you think I should send this update or no? Would this actually hurt me if I send one?
There is no reason to send an update for this at all. Don't bother, it certainly won't help, and it isn't required, so don't send one.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would you update schools about this? Updates to schools should be about significant things that will improve your chances. Even if your gpa increased slightly, it still wouldn't really warrant an update.

If you want, you can send a letter of interest that discusses why you're a good fit for the school/ school is a good fit for you, but I wouldn't mention anything about your gpa. Note that these usually do not have a profound effect, but it can't hurt (as long as you're not annoying). Good luck, I hope you get in!