grading in optometry school

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc10101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering how the grading system is in optometry, pass/fail? grades? very curious

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much the same as college. Grading scale depends on the professor.

Evidently SCO is changing clinic grades from actual grades to pass/fail.

i was just wondering how the grading system is in optometry, pass/fail? grades? very curious

In Suny, it's letter grading system w/o the +/-. For example, 89=B, 90=A, 100=A.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of SCCO's classes are ABCDF grading without the +/-. All the others including clinic grades is pass/fail.

Most of SCCO's classes are ABCDF grading without the +/-. All the others including clinic grades is pass/fail.

is this still the case? Does anyone know if Western University of Health Sciences is grades or pass/fail?

thanks!

is this still the case? Does anyone know if Western University of Health Sciences is grades or pass/fail?

thanks!
Most of WesternU's classes are on the letter grading system without +/- as well. Interprofessional education (IPE) small group classes and patient care is pass/fail.

Most of WesternU's classes are on the letter grading system without +/- as well. Interprofessional education (IPE) small group classes and patient care is pass/fail.

Thank you for answering my question! :)

P.C.O.: Letter grades (no plus/minus) for most courses; pass/fail, for a small minority (e.g., labs.).

OSU: ABCDF grading, +/- in some classes.