Grading policies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knight12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've obtained two books on Medical Schools in order to do some research but can't seem to find the grading policies for a couple of schools that I'm interested in. If anyone knows, can you let me know how these following schools grade(in terms of pass/fail):

UMDNJ-NJMS
UMDNJ-RWMS
Mt. Sinai
NYMC
NYU
Jefferson
U of Maryland

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Maryland has letter grades

tinkerbelle said:
Maryland has letter grades

Sinai and NYU are p/f for the first two years.

Members don't see this ad :)
For Jefferson-

The first two years are graded fail, pass and honors (I think honors is 90% and above, but don't quote me on that).

The second two clinical years are more extensively graded with High Honors-4, Excellent-3, Good-2, Marginal Competence-1, Incomplete-I, Failure-F.

-R

rhorak said:
For Jefferson-

The first two years are graded fail, pass and honors (I think honors is 90% and above, but don't quote me on that).

The second two clinical years are more extensively graded with High Honors-4, Excellent-3, Good-2, Marginal Competence-1, Incomplete-I, Failure-F.

-R

H/HP/P/F/I +AOA all 4 years

If H is >87%+, an H with 88% is equivalent to an H with 100% in terms of class rank

rhorak said:

sounds awfully similar to A - 4, B - 3, C - 2, D - 1, I - incomplete, F - failure