Graduating a semester early & reapp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allre

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Whatever will allow you to improve the lowest points of your application.

Your LORs shouldn't matter if you graduate a semester early or not... your relationship should have been built over the last 1-3+ years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Few things to consider:
1. Is the .01 GPA points worth $8,000? (not counting $ that could be made working full time)

2. You should be able to beef your extracurriculars up a ton by not being in school - you can work in research, clinical situations (scribe), volunteer a ton both clinical and nonclinical. Without school/homework you should be able to add a ton to your extracurriculars over the course of a year

3. If you arent in school just push the MCAT back a bit. It really doesnt matter when you take it provided you get the score back with ample time before May/June.

Do a masters degree - get it paid for by some prof. Make a pharm company sponsor you and participate I. Clinical trials. That solves everything :)

You say you have avg stats and slightly good ECs... your stats will not see a significant change over the course of one or two semesters. You do however, have an opportunity to improve your ECs which not only look good on paper but also provide excellent interview material should you have to reapply. Consider which option would allow you to improve your app in a more robust way. Why Jan MCAT? I would wait and gauge this application cycle before prepping so early for another MCAT.

Do a masters degree - get it paid for by some prof. Make a pharm company sponsor you and participate I. Clinical trials. That solves everything :)

This seems highly unrealistic.

FWIW, one of my classmates graduated a semester early and did nothing but work at a fast casual restaurant to earn some extra cash and party a bit before coming into school. Take that for what you will.