Graduating this summer, need your advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeffreykim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm in a dilemma and I would like to hear some of your opinions on my situation. Before anything, here is my academic background:

University of Central Florida
Overall GPA - 3.37
Major - Health Sciences: Pre-Clinical
Observation hours ~ 100
GRE - Taking in the summer
AFAA Certified Personal Trainer
In the process of attaining my C.S.C.S.

I have been torn between the profession of nursing and physical therapy for the longest time now and I still can't seem to find the right area for me to go in. I'm afraid of the debt that I will get myself into from PT school, and I don't even know if I will be accepted! I have, at most, average grades and I don't feel like I stand out amongst the several hundred applicants that the schools will be receiving. This is why I have considered nursing. If I do go this route, I will have to go through the accelerated BSN program for 14 months. However, I don't want to stop there. I would go ahead and continue to get my MSN, specializing in Leadership & Management. There are many pro's and con's of both careers, and this is making it difficult for me to make my decision.

Has anyone else gone through this dilemma? I feel extremely discouraged because I can't seem to figure out what I want in this life. I will be applying to PT school this year, but I feel as if I should also apply for the nursing program. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.