Graduation Caps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This may be what I end up going with:
5cb499d9c026b09da80c4e83ba1da9f1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All of you guys did such cute vet school designs. I just decorated mine in school colors for my undergrad.
ImageUploadedBySDN1462045939.793105.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Here's my new one! I'm much happier with it because it's simpler and matches my dress View attachment 203070

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Very Nice! I think I decided what I am going to do. Haven't actually done anything yet though :unsure: I'll make sure to post the finished product when I am done. Although, I want to put "Future Dr. last name" on it so I might have to block some of it out ;)

EDIT:
Ooooh, all the ones above are super awesome as well!!!

So I was totally trying to trace the outline of Mississippi onto mine, and then I realized part way through I was actually drawing Alabama. I have a lot to learn. I'll post whenever it gets done.

Reactions: 7 users
I didn't walk when I graduated undergrad, so I've never decorated a cap (though I don't think it was that popular when I graduated). And vet school doesn't let you decorate, so I'm loving vicariously through all of you!

Add me to the list of people that didn't know you could decorate caps! Literally the day I graduated was when I found out. No one close to me had ever gone to college so I was honestly still trying to figure out the whole college thing up until I graduated.

Decorating graduation caps was not a thing when I graduated from undergrad...

Am I showing my age by admitting this???

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

The whole thing was making me cringe. But I guess this is what's in with the young'uns these days. Oh geez, I'm already that old geezer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
I knew it was a thing, but I know plenty of people who didn't care to do it. I was kind of busy making sure I did in fact pass my classes so I could graduate :p Also, I have no artistic talent. I would have probably just slathered glue and dumped glitter on it and called it a day.

Finally got to finish mine for Saturday! It was a close tie between this and sailor moon butttt I'm trying to be the very best :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: 12 users
Louisiana is dang near impossible to trace or cut out of cardboard. Can I just put a big L on my cap and call it a day?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2kzmkGy.jpg
CRISIS PLS HELP!!!

I didn't make a hole for my tassel, what do I do?

I used a piece of paper that I glued the letters and stickers too that I am planning on glueing to the cap but I forgot that the tassel still has to happen... Design Above ^

Reactions: 2 users
2kzmkGy.jpg
CRISIS PLS HELP!!!

I didn't make a hole for my tassel, what do I do?

I used a piece of paper that I glued the letters and stickers too that I am planning on glueing to the cap but I forgot that the tassel still has to happen... Design Above ^

You could hot glue a button or something to hang the tassel from?

OR you could Velcro the top instead of gluing and then removing it whenever you turn the tassel after you walk?

I like the button idea! There are tons of super cute buttons!

image.jpg
Just finished up my cap for Sunday! Might fill in the empty corners later but I think it turned out pretty good for fabric paint!

Reactions: 7 users
I got a little bit lazy decorating at midnight the night before, but the celebratory cephalopod definitely happened!

*poof due to face pic*

C5QuG1X.jpg

He also apparently made it onto the arena jumbotron while we were walking in, but nobody in my family was fast enough to get a picture!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
OMG Trilt that's amazing!

In case anyone was wondering, I averted my crisis.. I staples the paper in 3 corners and left the fourth undone so that I could still move the tassel when I had to from underneath the paper :) but @hazelmoo had some very creative suggestions that I also appreciated!! <3

Reactions: 1 user
Just finished decorating mine <3 (my undergrad's mascot is a longhorn)
IMG_1062.jpg

Reactions: 2 users