Graduation Fees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjackrian

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had to deal with graduation fees as a fourth year. My school charges me $100 to graduate. Not such a huge amount, but you would think that after paying >$150,000 the school could come up with a hundred bucks to let me graduate. It's the nickel and diming that's driving me crazy! /minirant

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else had to deal with graduation fees as a fourth year. My school charges me $100 to graduate. Not such a huge amount, but you would think that after paying >$150,000 the school could come up with a hundred bucks to let me graduate. It's the nickel and diming that's driving me crazy! /minirant

We have fees but they're spread into $75 payments over 4 years (and budgeted into financial aid). Goes toward Match ceremony, graduation, and the 2-3 various other senior festivities. Basically each class pays for the class 4 years down the line by contributing this $ to a (heretofore) moderate-yielding mutual fund. My tuition's much more reasonable though.

Yeah, we have class money that is used to support graduation fun-activities, but this is a fee that goes to the university for...the ceremony? the paper the degree is printed on?

We have to pay $39 for someone to approve/print/whatever our diploma (some sort of admin fee?)

Then for the actual garments it's about $190. They're now voting on the tam/hat... the current one is $80, the new one would be about $20... if they Don't vote for the new one I will feel super ripped off. Who the hell needs an $80 tam!?