Grand Rounds Topic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nonphysiologic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm a final year neurology resident going into Pain fellowship and I need a good topic for the Neurology/Neurosurgery grand rounds.

Any suggestions for something pain related that can get all the neurologists, neurosurgeons, and pain doctors excited?

Thanks so much I appreciate any help.

Members don't see this ad.

probably neuro-oncology topic. everyone can relate to that. what tumors go where. how to Dx on MRI. most non radiologists really are in the dark on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
fMRI for pain quantification: basics and any evidence towards possible use in clinical cases.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
A common topic that can get all three specialties excited.....I got it! ...... TGN! Go through incidence, prevalence, risk factors, pathophysiology and then treatment options i.e. medication management (baclofen, trileptal, tegretol, Neurontin, TCAs), injections SPG and gasserian blocks and then more invasive surgical treatments such as MVD, balloon compression, gamma knife etc.

A common topic that can get all three specialties excited.....I got it! ...... TGN! Go through incidence, prevalence, risk factors, pathophysiology and then treatment options i.e. medication management (baclofen, trileptal, tegretol, Neurontin, TCAs), injections SPG and gasserian blocks and then more invasive surgical treatments such as MVD, balloon compression, gamma knife etc.
Hmm actually a neurosurgeon did that presentation yesterday. Thanks for all the ideas though!