GRE, GPA, and PT Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cavemanfire

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Law schools happily give out full scholarships to students that exceed their particular school's GPA/LSAT averages. Law Schools are all fighting for the best students in order to boost their USNews ranking, which is largely based on admission statistics.

What's the scholarship story with PT schools. If you apply to a low-ranking or unranked school with an incredible GPA/GRE, do you have a pretty good shot at a full scholarship/partial scholarship?

PT Scholarships: Common? Uncommon? Size? What's the story?

"dollar dollar bills ya'll"

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've heard PT scholarships are not all that common. I know that the APTA has some scholarships but that's about it.

Never heard of PT scolarships. Maybe grants from your high GRE, maybe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of the few schools I was accepted at, only one school gave me a scholarship, which will end up covering 1/4 of my tuition. This school is a small liberal arts school, but is ranked #7 by US News and World Report, so I think it just depends on the school.

Good to know that scholarships are given out. A quarter of your tuition isn't too shabby. Anyone else out there receive any kind of scholarship?

Many schools have 0 scholarships and 0 assistantships. Some have scholarships that are a fraction of tuition. Ohio State and Indiana University have Fellowships which it looks like pays full tuition and a nice stipend.

Pitt pays you a stipend for your third year clinical which I believe is around $1250/month.