gre magoosh prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TERPPDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone brought the gre magoosh prep online? Was it helpful? Is it worth the money?!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It was helpful and worth every penny. I used the free flash cards often but the video explanations of solving the math questions was worth it's weight in gold.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just started using it myself! My GRE is scheduled for October and really hoping to use it to bump my quant score. I've seen good reviews across the board!

Hey, has anyone brought the gre magoosh prep online? Was it helpful? Is it worth the money?!

Thanks

I would definitely recommend Magoosh. Their quant review videos were a life saver and the ability to customize what questions you practice is extremely helpful.

I would definitely recommend Magoosh. Their quant review videos were a life saver and the ability to customize what questions you practice is extremely helpful.
How much improvement did see while using Magoosh

How much improvement did see while using Magoosh

Well, I essentially used their review videos to relearn everything I had forgotten from algebra. I've never taken geometry so their videos taught me enough to get by too.

Well, I essentially used their review videos to relearn everything I had forgotten from algebra. I've never taken geometry so their videos taught me enough to get by too.

I need to relearn everything too. What percentage of the videos would you say that you watched? I'm trying to figure out a study schedule for myself, but there are so many hours of videos.

I wanted to weigh in on this because I bought the premium package for Magoosh. I have struggled with the GRE for years and taken it several times with no improvement. Therefore, I wanted to share my experience with Magoosh for others who may also be struggling. My previous unsuccessful efforts were using just the ETS book, Kaplan, and Barrons if you are interested. After 9 weeks using Magoosh (I spread my studying out and did anywhere from 1hr to 3 hrs a day) I saw a 7 point overall improvement in my score (3 points quant; 4 Verbal). Not as much as I wanted but I know people that never see even a point difference so happy to have improved. Also, a few points really ups your percentile rank. I watched all the math videos - most I ever watched in a day was 5. I only watched a few verbal but did play around on the vocabulary builder and took a practice exam with Magoosh so got some vocabulary help that way. As for their score predictor, they got the verbal but my actual quant score was a little lower (1 point) than they predicted. Happy to answer any other questions about things I wish I had done or Magoosh in general.

Reactions: 1 user
I wanted to weigh in on this because I bought the premium package for Magoosh. I have struggled with the GRE for years and taken it several times with no improvement. Therefore, I wanted to share my experience with Magoosh for others who may also be struggling. My previous unsuccessful efforts were using just the ETS book, Kaplan, and Barrons if you are interested. After 9 weeks using Magoosh (I spread my studying out and did anywhere from 1hr to 3 hrs a day) I saw a 7 point overall improvement in my score (3 points quant; 4 Verbal). Not as much as I wanted but I know people that never see even a point difference so happy to have improved. Also, a few points really ups your percentile rank. I watched all the math videos - most I ever watched in a day was 5. I only watched a few verbal but did play around on the vocabulary builder and took a practice exam with Magoosh so got some vocabulary help that way. As for their score predictor, they got the verbal but my actual quant score was a little lower (1 point) than they predicted. Happy to answer any other questions about things I wish I had done or Magoosh in general.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am sure others can benefit!