GRE reporting- am I doing this right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HowIMetYourPet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is probably going to be a stupid question, but I'm now both confused and annoyed

(I tried the search function and couldn't find the answer i was looking for)

So, I took the GRE for the second time yesterday. My score went up a few points for each section, and they were okay the first time around, so I think I'm okay (Okay, not great, they were 159v and 155q). Regardless, I opted out of sending my scores at the test center because I haven't decided 100% where I am applying.... which leads me to my question..

I went to submit my scores for tufts-which is a separate app, and I saw the $27 fee to do so... I thought we could send our scores to up to 4 or 5 schools for free? Did I miss something? Is there a different way to do this? or am I SOL because I didn't send them at the test center, right after the test?

Thanks for any input!!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe (though I could be wrong) that you had to send them from the test center for it to be free. Which is why I panicked and sent them to some random schools (and had to go ahead and pay to send them to the schools I was actually applying to).

Okay, this is probably going to be a stupid question, but I'm now both confused and annoyed

(I tried the search function and couldn't find the answer i was looking for)

So, I took the GRE for the second time yesterday. My score went up a few points for each section, and they were okay the first time around, so I think I'm okay (Okay, not great, they were 159v and 155q). Regardless, I opted out of sending my scores at the test center because I haven't decided 100% where I am applying.... which leads me to my question..

I went to submit my scores for tufts-which is a separate app, and I saw the $27 fee to do so... I thought we could send our scores to up to 4 or 5 schools for free? Did I miss something? Is there a different way to do this? or am I SOL because I didn't send them at the test center, right after the test?

Thanks for any input!!
Yeah, I think kcoughli is right, unfortunately. It's kind of a racket, I only took the GRE once but had to pay $108 to send my scores again this year. :/ Can't the schools I also applied to last year just look at the score report from then? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, you are going to have to pay the fee to send your scores to wherever you decide to apply, unfortunately. (Btw, I think those are some great scores myself :p Much better than I ever did!)

Not to go off on a tangent but how do you send to more than four schools? I'm taking the GRE tomorrow and I know you can send four scores for free, but I'm applying to six universities. Do you just do that from the ETS website after you take the test (ie like same day?)? Thanks!

Send the 4 free ones at the center and then pay for the rest at home from the ets website.

Yeah, I think kcoughli is right, unfortunately. It's kind of a racket, I only took the GRE once but had to pay $108 to send my scores again this year. :/ Can't the schools I also applied to last year just look at the score report from then? :p
When I applied to schools for a second time I asked the schools I was applying to again if I needed to send my GRE scores again if I was using the same one and they said no they had them. It might have been worth it if you had checked with your schools.

When I applied to schools for a second time I asked the schools I was applying to again if I needed to send my GRE scores again if I was using the same one and they said no they had them. It might have been worth it if you had checked with your schools.
Well, shucks. :(

UGHHHHHHH.