GRE Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ander120

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused about reporting GRE scores. I took the test last month. I did decent (151V 153Q 4.5AW) but I am planning to take it again to try and increase my score. I opted not to have any of my scores sent to schools the day I took the test. I was under the impression that you're able to basically send your highest score in each section if you take it more than once. On PTCAS in the test section, do we have to enter the scores for every time we took it? Will that affect which scores our schools see?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to enter all attempts into PTCAS. PT programs using PTCAS will see your scores from all testing dates. You will have to speak with the individual PT programs, but generally speaking, they do not allow mixing and matching of section scores.

ETS has the capability to report section scores individually, but this isn't the norm for PT programs.

I had the same question, too, and emailed the school about it. Even though the school used PTCAS they said they take the best score from each section in order to provide the applicant with the best combined score. It will differ from program to program so maybe just go ahead and email them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think a majority of the programs will want all the attempts of the GRE. There are some programs that will just take your highest scores, per attempt, not individual.

I know this thread was over a year ago but I am wondering the same thing except one little detail. I took the GRE three times and wonder if I can just omit the entire first test? I didn't do well at all, but did ok the other two times I took it. It looks like there is an option to get rid of that test on ptcas and the gre site so I am hoping I can just erase the thing from my resume entirely? Thoughts?