Great book to check out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDAlltheway14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if...? Survival Gide for Physicians
By Ronald Goodspeed and Bruce Y. Lee

This is one book I highly recommend. In essence, this book is written simply for those that might want to get a feel for day to day scenarios many new physicians go though, and I feel that this book is helpful especially those that are going to be new residents and interns.

The way this book is written is unique. It is more of a self help guide with each chapter being a few pages each. The chapters dive into topics such as “What if my is violent?” or “what do I do if I break an IV?” The book is written in a way that even those that aren't physicians will be able to understand it. In addition to hospital scenarios, the book deals with situations that new doctors might face outside their workplace, such as “What if your friend gets stuck with lightning?” which will help new doctors get a feel for what they can expect as a physician when they are not wearing their scrubs.

Overall I enjoyed this read and if anybody is nervous about starting residency, this is the book to pick up.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: