PhD/PsyD Great News and Thanks!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychMajorUndergrad18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello My fellow SDNers,

Just wanted to make this thread to say that I got the volunteer job at my colleges cognition memory and development job!!! Thanks to everyone namely smalltownpsych and clinpsy87 (not sure if I spelled it right haha an) and everyone else who contributed to my thread(s) that asked questions about joining a lab. You all gave out some great advice

PsychMajorUndergrad18

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Most importantly, I would like to thank all those who showed me that it's possible to give the invaluable, indispensible, incomparable advice I am so well known for without any sarcasm or negativity. In conclusion, I would like to accept my honors by thanking everyone but Erg. (I'm hoping this thread gets hijacked too)

Edit: p.s. don't be shy to ask for additional duties and responsibilities when you're there. Most of your undergrad colleagues will do the absolute bare minimum they think will get them a letter: these teams are usually ripe for one dedicated person to increase their contributions and get authorship and a more stellar recommendation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yea the professor's gonna start me of by reading peer reviewed articles on one of the topics her lab is doing. I was also told by her that I would be working with the other students on the autism study she is conducting (only two other students). Plus I am really liking how the professor runs it (she told me that if I do not like the research I am able to join another lab and the lab atmosphere is very friendly) and the professor has been in my shoes (she has a learning disability too) as a student. And Congrats clinpsych87 on receiving the unofficial SDN PsyD/PhD Award for Awesome Advice to a Undergrad Student That Was Freaking Out (I just made this up on the spot hahaha)

And smalltownpsych thanks for telling me the difference cause frankly I thought there were the same but just interchangeable words