greenville,sc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

18gauge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the program in Greenville, SC? Searched the forums and didn't see much about it, other than comparing to other programs in the Carolinas. I've seen their fellowship placement list, etc, online - I'd like to know how malignant it is, is the case load diverse enough, how much residents get to teach students, etc. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I worked as an attending EM doc there for 3 years, leaving 2 years ago.

All I know is what I saw - I can't speak to the OR, board scores, or anything else, but the surgical residents were technically good, and had a good attitude - there was a morning where I had an elderly lady that fell down and had a scalp bleeder that I couldn't control right around 7am. I called, and I got a PGY-3 who showed up in a flash, and helped me out, and managed to control this arterial bleeder - came right out of rounds.

I didn't get any attitude from any of them, save one - who was a transfer in from a program in NYC. He was a guy that lost out a chest tube to the attending for a hemopneumo. However, he was the outlier. There was one guy whose father is/was a family doc in town, and he went off to fellowship. The program is DO-friendly.

It IS in the "buckle of the bible belt" - there's one surgical attending that would pray with family members - but, overall, it's really, really not a bad place to be.