Group home paperwork

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F0nzie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else annoyed with having to fill out group home paperwork after every follow up visit? I have to take the time to rewrite my follow up note on their special template because they will not accept anything else...

Members don't see this ad.

My CMHC nurse does my group home paperwork.
I just tell her what med changes we made and she writes everything out on their forms before they leave.
I do my routine documentation in the EMR, AIMS, etc, for the visit like any other.
The nurse also handles the calls to the group home pharmacy (which, as an aside, seem to be the hardest pharmacies in the world to communicate with).

My CMHC nurse does my group home paperwork.
I just tell her what med changes we made and she writes everything out on their forms before they leave.
I do my routine documentation in the EMR, AIMS, etc, for the visit like any other.
The nurse also handles the calls to the group home pharmacy (which, as an aside, seem to be the hardest pharmacies in the world to communicate with).

Score dude

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you have to fill out the form?

Every group/nursing home I have worked with has required it. I am not sure if it's a regional thing but I think it protects them from liability. I suppose I could just say no. It would be nice if the group home manager would just pay attention in the follow up session and write down the relevant information into the forms.

Every group/nursing home I have worked with has required it. I am not sure if it's a regional thing but I think it protects them from liability. I suppose I could just say no. It would be nice if the group home manager would just pay attention in the follow up session and write down the relevant information into the forms.
Yeah that's what I mean. They require it; it might be a certification requirement. But it doesn't mean you have to fill it out. Or even fill it out that fully. You could just write: see my progress note. Then list the medications. I've filled these out before and usually it's extremely cursory. The problem I see is that it's essentially another copy of an already created medical record and any discrepancy or difference between your clinic note and the group home note would look bad in a malpractice suit. I'm just annoyed about yet another form to fill out.

Reactions: 1 user