GS-4 FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oh_Gee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the PS for this and was completely steam rolled by the amount of calculations even with all my math tricks. ran out of time...
For people for have taken GS-4 and the real MCAT, is this amount of calculations comparable?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
how long did it take you to finish?

Usually with 5 minutes to spare (biology I have slightly more time) but that is because I skip the math intensive questions (BS I just skip the ones I down right don't know). I then go back to them, but I am only able to have time for half of them (BS I am able to get to all of them). However, I am surprise by the fact that the scale for GS matches up with my AAMC practice exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually with 5 minutes to spare, but that is because I skip the math intensive questions. I then go back to them, but I am only able to have time for half of them. However, I am surprise by the fact that the scale for GS matches up with my AAMC practice exams.
forgive my language but i am so boned if my real MCAT has this much calculations. i really need to work on my math skills

forgive my language but i am so boned if my real MCAT has this much calculations. i really need to work on my math skills

It varies really with the real MCAT. Some tests have math intensive stuff, and others are far more conceptual.