Gunner Training?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope2bpaindoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, me too. I get some advertisement for a massage school. I sent a feedback message to them, but can't get the site to do anything else. Any idea of how to contact them?

I just sent an email to Nicholas (whose email signature reads 'President, Gunner Training'); he had emailed me before when I was having issues with browser incompatibility.

Hope it gets fixed soon! I was in the middle of a quiz :p

I just posted on their facebook which might send them a message. Yes, definitely need the site to be back up asap.

Members don't see this ad :)
in their defense, the domain people send a bunch of emails that look like spam every day

EXCEPT the exact format is used to say "please register your domain" so all of your gunners can hit their mastery targets for the day

and that looks like spam too

but it so is not

So assuming that they look at their e-mails over the weekend, and if they pay their domain fee soon, I wonder how long it takes for the domain to be reactivated. Are we down for the weekend?

Not the way I like to start my morning. Hopefully this doesn't affect all my banked material and review schedule.

I emailed Nic about it and asked for him to send an email update to people. If I don't hear anything, I'll pass on his contact info to a few more people and we can spam him into and update.

Kind of annoying as a bunch of us just purchased that 3 mo group deal thing.

So assuming that they look at their e-mails over the weekend, and if they pay their domain fee soon, I wonder how long it takes for the domain to be reactivated. Are we down for the weekend?

oh i hope not. i rolled over yesterday's review questions to today thinking i had all day to tackle 450 plus lecture review...

I have to say, I am pretty disappointed. Not very professional to let your domain registration expire. Especially when your whole product is web based?!?

And still waiting for a mobile optimized version. Free flashcard programs have better mobile optimized interfaces than GT :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Not the way I like to start my morning. Hopefully this doesn't affect all my banked material and review schedule.

I emailed Nic about it and asked for him to send an email update to people. If I don't hear anything, I'll pass on his contact info to a few more people and we can spam him into and update.

Kind of annoying as a bunch of us just purchased that 3 mo group deal thing.

there would be so much angst if this affected our banked material/review schedules. OCCUPY GT

there would be so much angst if this affected our banked material/review schedules. OCCUPY GT
The logistics of occupying a website sounds like a pain. We'd have to go all Tron and I don't want to end up getting deleted right now.

Too true. But I've put a lot of time into getting to 70% banked. Alternative: Occupy GT headquarters (even if it turns out to be Nic's basement)

ah, update from their facebook!

"
We apologize that our website is currently down and we have it up as soon as possible"

Too true. But I've put a lot of time into getting to 70% banked. Alternative: Occupy GT headquarters (even if it turns out to be Nic's basement)

shouldn't effect your banked or mastered. I believe a domain name just forwards a .com/.org.net to a server. So your info is still on the server, you just cannot access it at the moment.

shouldn't effect your banked or mastered. I believe a domain name just forwards a .com/.org.net to a server. So your info is still on the server, you just cannot access it at the moment.
jhamaican is right...we have to go INTO the server!

Hi ___

While we're working on returning things to normal you can still log into your account and use Gunner 100% as usual by going to the temporary url: www.mygunnertraining.com.
We sincerely apologize for this interruption and assure you that our normal URL will be functioning normally again soon.
If you don't mind, it would be great if you could post this on SDN for us! Thanks!

Our thanks for hanging in there with us,

- Ben
Ben Williams
CEO, Gunner Training

Was this emailed to everybody? I didn't get it. Thanks for posting the info.

Last edited:
Was this emailed to everybody? I didn't get it. Thanks for posting the info.
No, I had his emailed him about the issue and they sent that back.

Gotta say, they got things back up and going fast. I'm satisfied.

Except it's still only back up at mygunnertraining.com, and the only way I knew about that was from coming here. I got plenty of people in my class hooked on GT, but some of them might not think to check here just to find out how to get their flashcards. I'm still pretty disappointed that the GT folks haven't bothered to send out an email letting us know what's going on. I keep checking email thinking they finally will. It seems uncharacteristically unprofessional (they are usually on top of things and very responsive).

Is the mirror site working well for everybody? It's moving s l o w l y for me.

Except it's still only back up at mygunnertraining.com, and the only way I knew about that was from coming here. I got plenty of people in my class hooked on GT, but some of them might not think to check here just to find out how to get their flashcards. I'm still pretty disappointed that the GT folks haven't bothered to send out an email letting us know what's going on. I keep checking email thinking they finally will. It seems uncharacteristically unprofessional (they are usually on top of things and very responsive).

Is the mirror site working well for everybody? It's moving s l o w l y for me.

yeah, it's working fine so far.
and I agree with you, my friend doesn't know about their facebook account and doesn't come on SDN. so she would have had no idea about the mirror site if it wasn't for me.
and if you are doing 150questions/day, like it is the case for me, it adds up quickly.
I would be really pissed if I wouldn't have known about the existence of a mirror site.

just a warning. BE CAREFUL USING THE LINKS IN THE MIDDLE OF A QUIZ

some of the links are still directed to the main domain (gunner training.com). I got 30 questions deep into my 50 question quiz.... clicked a link.... went to the nonexistent website... went back, and now have to start my questions from scratch.:mad: this is really annoying...

just a warning. BE CAREFUL USING THE LINKS IN THE MIDDLE OF A QUIZ

some of the links are still directed to the main domain (gunner training.com). I got 30 questions deep into my 50 question quiz.... clicked a link.... went to the nonexistent website... went back, and now have to start my questions from scratch.:mad: this is really annoying...
Agreed, mondo annoying. Does hitting end review help? GT seems to keep track of the questions done, but it always takes me back to the very first question of a set even if I go to another tab on Safari. To no avail, I've been complaining about this for months.

Edit:

Their links to google/Wikipedia/emedicine are useless because you cannot scroll within the popup window. They should just be simple links to the webpage.

Therefore, when I eschew the GT link and do a Wikipedia search myself, it is frustrating to find the quiz reset to the first question. Also you still need to hit show answer.

Fix maybe one thing!

Last edited:
Looks like the regular GT site is back up!! I thought it was odd though that some people are saying they didn't get an email. I received one of those standard looking emails Saturday morning describing the issue and it gave the temp URL...

Also, I've been emailing back and forth with Nicholas and he's been giving me updates...it sounds like they have been working on this AND speeding up the servers all weekend so hopefully that problem will be fixed soon too! Will be so much better when things are back to normal! :)

From their facebook page! GT hooks it up again!! :)

"www.GunnerTraining.com is back online! Thank you all so very much for your support and patience. We will be writing a blog post and emailing everyone tomorrow to explain what happened in detail. We want to take responsibility while making sure you know what happened so that you don't think we were hacked, don't care, etc. We've been working flat out for the past 2 days to resolve this issue and feel horrible that so many of you were inconvenienced.

To thank you for your continued support and patience (and all the kind words to this effect expressed by you on FB, Twitter and our customer service portal), we would like to give everyone the chance to redeem a free month by inputting the code "ThankYou" into your account. Current members can add a month to their accounts and non-members can simply sign up for a free trial and then add a month effectively increasing their free trial by 1-month. The coupon code will be in effect until tomorrow evening (Nov. 22nd) at 11:59PM ET.

Thank you all again so very much for your support. It means so much to us."

Last edited:
just in case someone doesn't read all of CaliMedKid's post:

type "ThankYou" into your coupon code box for a free month :thumbup: happy gunning

I bought GT a few months ago, and honestly, I don't get it. Feel like its a waste. Is there anyway to get some of my money back?

Thanks to all the great people hanging out on SDN (read "Jalopoo", "Mehrdad1" and "CaliMedKid" and countless others) I got 5 months of GT for $29 :) sweet

Can anyone give insight as to how you should use GT alongside your normal course work? How do you prevent getting behind? Do you read the text first, then do GT?

anyone else notice how slow the GT servers are?

i'm already easily distracted so being able to load entire webpages while i wait for my GT is not helping.

I bought GT a few months ago, and honestly, I don't get it. Feel like its a waste. Is there anyway to get some of my money back?

After a few months, they're not going to refund you. But, you may be able to find someone to take the account off your hands.

I think it's weird you don't love it. How long did you play with it? The "read and take a quiz part." is tedious, and early on that is going to be 99% of what you do. As you progress through the material, it transitions to more of a constant review.

I'm not big on reading a few pages at once. If I've got 30 minutes to kill, I don't want to crack path books. But, you can certainly knock out a few note cards on gunner training, leave, come back, and pick it right up.

anyone else notice how slow the GT servers are?

i'm already easily distracted so being able to load entire webpages while i wait for my GT is not helping.

that!
so what's going on Gunnertraining???
Why is everything so incredibly slow?

Edit: Once the cards come in, it is not slow. Don't want to be too critical, overall Im happy with GT.

Last edited:
i am overall happy with GT, but i agree with above - it seems that loading anything that is personalized (e.g. quiz summaries, dashboard, topic page with percentage completions) takes forever to load. it's gotten noticeably slower recently, ya?

Newberons. Dont use the new stuff that costs very little. Use the expensive stuff (Goljan, Kaplan) that actually has some backing to it. If its the only thing you've done, of course it seems awesome. Until you take Step 1 and get a 212. Then youre stuck with your score thinking "man, that test wasnt anything like the service i found ON FACEBOOK."

Since we know 90% of all facebook ads are legit. Like how to get ripped "300" (buy my product). Learn who's searching for you (buy my product). Get a degree in Fire Science (thanks, I'm actually an MD already, so....).

Dont use what you find on facebook, unless it starts with K and ends with aplan
jh2.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

that!
so what's going on Gunnertraining???
Why is everything so incredibly slow?

Edit: Once the cards come in, it is not slow. Don't want to be too critical, overall Im happy with gt.

true. i thought it might just be me. glad it's not. i'm relieved to have found gt on SDN. i canNOT imagine what this year would be without them.

Newberons. Dont use the new stuff that costs very little. Use the expensive stuff (Goljan, Kaplan) that actually has some backing to it. If its the only thing you've done, of course it seems awesome. Until you take Step 1 and get a 212. Then youre stuck with your score thinking "man, that test wasnt anything like the service i found ON FACEBOOK."

Since we know 90% of all facebook ads are legit. Like how to get ripped "300" (buy my product). Learn who's searching for you (buy my product). Get a degree in Fire Science (thanks, I'm actually an MD already, so....).

jh2.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

:rolleyes: Thank you for your advice about a product you clearly haven't tried.

jh2.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

i could swear i've seen this same exact post before but by a different user. suppose both users had the same sentiment lol

Why is this site so ungodly slow? I am disappointed not because of the product itself, just the implementation. First they don't renew the domain name on a web based product and now it takes forever to load each page. Also, when is a mobile interface coming?

Pretty disappointed considering all of these things can be easily fixed within 2-4 hours one afternoon :(