guys i need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior right now at Johns Hopkins, with a 3.1 GPA, 32 MCAT. With my last semester, I can at best get my GPA to about 3.2 or so. I really want to apply to medschool in June (obviously I'm taking a year "off" after graduation), and enroll in a program like Georgetown SMP or Drexel IMS (this is why I posted about this earlier). Does anyone think I have a chance anywhere (as far as medschools are concerned), and if so, where? Which special master's program would be more favorable to get me in somewhere? I would be ecstatic to go anywhere. My mind is having a hard time with everything, considering my low GPA, and I would really appreciate some good advice. Thank you very much, your advice will not go unheeded.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will have better luck with Georgetown with your 31 MCAT. You will apply the same year you are in the program=>no lag yr. Saves times. Good luck! Don't give up!

take a shot you never know,if you want to hedge your bets apply to the best out of usa school also-sacker school of medicine the American program located in Israel -100percent in english and 100pwercent of its students get back in the USA
http://med.tau.ac.il/ny/the_school.htm

cashmo,

I still have strong feelings for you to go to Gtown. Put in your year and take out the big loan, it will be worth it. Just study hard and don't socialize too much (the program has lots of fun things to do and you should do some of them). Your MCAT score is cash-money.... good luck.

WISC-ite