Guys...I'm cold.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoSoyCasa-MD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why didn't anyone ever tell me the rest of the US is not as warm as California. I'm here on the East Coast for an interview and frozen water is coming down from the sky (people are calling it snow).

In the airport now and I only packed tank tops with me...help?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same. Sunshine state is not as shiny today.

Reactions: 3 users
With windchill we're currently at a nice balmy 7º.

Reactions: 1 users
When I drove to class this morning it was 10 degrees F, with wind chill probably like -10. Too cold to even snow.

The saddest part is around here we've had -50 to -60 wind chill years prior, so -10 is at least tolerable.

Reactions: 1 user
With windchill we're currently at a nice balmy 7º.
"Feels like 6" in Ann Arbor. 50 Degrees in my research lab today (heater is broken).

Never underestimate the power of long johns.

Reactions: 2 users
I guess that would rule out going to U MN, U WI, U MI, or Mayo or SUNY Buffalo?

Also, LECOM-Erie. But there is a LECOM-Bradenton in Florida!!

Forgot to mention U Chicago and all the rest in the Windy City. One winter it got so cold that car tires shattered!

Six TX summers baked whatever cold tolerance I had right out of me!

Reactions: 5 users
Why didn't anyone ever tell me the rest of the US is not as warm as California. I'm here on the East Coast for an interview and frozen water is coming down from the sky (people are calling it snow).

Try the Florida schools. :p.

You would have loved the winter last year here in 'Rough Buff,' OP. One of the most brutal winters I've experienced in my life. I felt like a viking as the wind chill brought temperatures down to around -15 to -20 F on a regular basis. It was pretty cool, except for the frostbite part.

Winter is coming summer child :nod:

Members don't see this ad :)
It's freezing in Fl right now.... 60F tonight! Had to shut the air conditioning off... Not ok

Reactions: 13 users
The Californians in my class are so funny right now. The one asked me back in like end of August when she could bust out her winter coat without people making fun of her.

Reactions: 9 users
So glad I live in a state where winter has a purpose! Let it snow baby!

It's freezing in Fl right now.... 60F tonight! Had to shut the air conditioning off... Not ok
Bro. There is snow in my nostril right now.

There are frozen tears on my face.

Let that marinate real quick.

Reactions: 5 users
The Californians in my class are so funny right now. The one asked me back in like end of August when she could bust out her winter coat without people making fun of her.

I'm pretty sure that will be me next year! But I'm not going to let cold weather stop me from attending a great school!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Georgians be like:

130124180700-03-cold-0124-vertical-gallery.jpg

At least you're not in Michigan...43 inches last night :eek:

43 Inches of Snow in Upper Michigan. - Imgur.png

Reactions: 11 users
27˚ here in Jawjuh.

Why is talking about the weather where we live so interesting?? Is it like....we all have this cold thing in common?

Something tells me we all live on Earth...We have so much in common people!

I knew global warming was a farce!!

Fox News is ridiculous

Reactions: 4 users
Ugh, *****s. I love red eye though.
Soooo bad! It's hard to believe a show like that is actually on a news (*cough*not actually news*cough*) network. Also, they compared bronies to terrorists, so fek those guys.

Soooo bad! It's hard to believe a show like that is actually on a news (*cough*not actually news*cough*) network. Also, they compared bronies to terrorists, so fek those guys.

lol it's a comedy show. Like you said, it's not news.

haha this made me laugh! Thanks

I hear ya, I'm moving from AZ to ME for med school next year, eek!

What do you even wear when it's that cold?? When you get to class, does everyone spend ten minutes removing clothing?

Get out of there fast.

"Feels like 6" in Ann Arbor. 50 Degrees in my research lab today (heater is broken).

Never underestimate the power of long johns.
Yes, got out the gloves, hat and boots to trek to class today in Ann Arbor. Welcome to the winter wonderland.

Wow...you guys are seriously getting all our snow...no snow yet in AK

I was going to say that I relate...but I'm in California. My house is just very shady and cold and I don't know where my space heater is. D:

Update: Florida winter is over, two days of 60f and it's now back to 80f. Guys.... I'm hot.

Update: Florida winter is over, two days of 60f and it's now back to 80f. Guys.... I'm hot.

My daughter when to school today with winter mittens and a ski hat on (we are Floridians). I told her that her sense of cold might be slightly...off. In her defense, it WAS high 40s when she went to school this morning...but will be back to paradise weather again by this afternoon...

My daughter when to school today with winter mittens and a ski hat on (we are Floridians). I told her that her sense of cold might be slightly...off. In her defense, it WAS high 40s when she went to school this morning...but will be back to paradise weather again by this afternoon...

Haha my family and I went skiing in Colorado. Apparently it was "hot" weather for that time of year, somewhere in the 50s. Natives were skiing in tank tops, meanwhile, I was freezing to the bone with full fledged winter gear on.

Florida will spoil you will quick. In college a bunch of people at my school came from the NE. First winter in Florida they were swimming on the beaches... Second winter however was a different story. They'd go home during break and freeze to death.

I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the US where it gets cold enough to snow only a few times a year and when it does, people are so unprepared that everything shuts down. Thus, I get snow days from work/school!! It has yet to snow yet, though...it's just pointlessly cold :(

In my (biased Northeastern) opinion anything above subzero temperatures doesn't warrant complaining. ;)

In other news, Mother Nature has made a firm commitment to dispatch the city of Buffalo and its inhabitants.

http://www.vice.com/read/people-are-freezing-to-death-and-its-your-fault-119

"The northeast corner of the United States is currently going through a real-life version of the movie Frozen, except not uplifting: Homes are iced over, enormous snow walls have trapped people inside Walmarts, and the region is experiencing what the Weather Channel called "one of the longest sub-freezing spells on record for the month of November." It's so cold outside that people are dying—as of today, one in New Hampshire, one in Michigan, and at least five in New York.

And it doesn't appear to be relenting, either. Washington DC announced a weather emergency yesterday in anticipation of even colder temperatures. In Buffalo, which set an all-time, nationwide record for snowfall in a 24-hour period this month, people are posting photos of their doors sealed shut by snow. Casper, Wyoming, broke a record with a temperature of minus 27 degrees on Wednesday."

I just never realized how serious this was. Maybe post-december interviews aren't a bad thing after all.

Forgot to mention U Chicago and all the rest in the Windy City. One winter it got so cold that car tires shattered!

Never in my life have I ever heard of car tires shattering due to the cold.

I'm from North Dakota.

Also, there's a medical school in Grand Forks, ND. With that, I'll just leave this here:

http://www.city-data.com/top2/c456.html

There isn't even a single IL city in the top 30. No one else gets to complain. ;)