GWU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulPhysician

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of applicants does GW like? I recently applied to their online MPH program (hoping to start in spring)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
GW (both online and on-campus) likes well-rounded applicants. They also take a holistic approach to admissions, which makes it slightly easier to get into compared to other top 20 schools. Since your GPA is below a 3.0, it will be an uphill battle, but I'm hoping that your amazing experience will help negate that a little. Your test scores will help as well, although I'm not very familiar with the new MCAT scoring so can't give you an accurate comparison. Your LORs and SoP will carry quite a bit of weight as well. Fingers crossed!

GW (both online and on-campus) likes well-rounded applicants. They also take a holistic approach to admissions, which makes it slightly easier to get into compared to other top 20 schools. Since your GPA is below a 3.0, it will be an uphill battle, but I'm hoping that your amazing experience will help negate that a little. Your test scores will help as well, although I'm not very familiar with the new MCAT scoring so can't give you an accurate comparison. Your LORs and SoP will carry quite a bit of weight as well. Fingers crossed!

I have had somewhat of a different background and actually didn't become interested in PH until recently I would say. I feel that my research experience is decent (3 summers - immunotherapy/1 semester - creation of biodiesel using bacteria/9 months - pediatric department research assistant/1 summer - trauma research @ lvl 1 trauma center). I did a lot of mentor w/ transfer students and incoming freshman. Recently I became the science lab coordinator for a 4yr university. That entails advising the pre-med club, instructing a genetics lab, and overseeing lab prep. I am a little nervous that my age may play against me...I am only 22

I have had somewhat of a different background and actually didn't become interested in PH until recently I would say. I feel that my research experience is decent (3 summers - immunotherapy/1 semester - creation of biodiesel using bacteria/9 months - pediatric department research assistant/1 summer - trauma research @ lvl 1 trauma center). I did a lot of mentor w/ transfer students and incoming freshman. Recently I became the science lab coordinator for a 4yr university. That entails advising the pre-med club, instructing a genetics lab, and overseeing lab prep. I am a little nervous that my age may play against me...I am only 22

Why would your age play against you? :confused: