Hampton U School of Pharmacy Class of 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh nice! I applied 1/15 also. I called them and they said everything arrived. I am very surprised I havent gotten a call yet. Hmm.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that they do interviews for awhile, so I'm sure your call will come soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard that they do interviews for awhile, so I'm sure your call will come soon!

Yea. I have heard in the past that they call during March for interview if they are doing 3 people at a time. I am crossing my fingers!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them yesterday and they told me that they are still in the interview process. You know what I am thinking. I probably haven't gotten a phone call yet because I am from out of state. This is my opinion haha. What do ya'll think?

so I'm getting my resume ready to bring to my interview, have you guys made yours yet? When I got my call I think I remember her telling me to make one that included my community involvement and hobbies. Any of that sound about right? And where exactly do you put that on a resume? Truthfully I was so excited when she called half the conversation was a blur.

so I'm getting my resume ready to bring to my interview, have you guys made yours yet? When I got my call I think I remember her telling me to make one that included my community involvement and hobbies. Any of that sound about right? And where exactly do you put that on a resume? Truthfully I was so excited when she called half the conversation was a blur.

Yes, so you can put your education , like colleges attended and put the date and years for those, you can mention if you have earned a college degree, you could mention hobbies, clubs you have joined, community service, research experience, presentations, work experience, pharmacy experience, shadowing experience, and other skills you have, you can add bulletpoints underneath each of what these things are about or what you do. These are all things that could help to build your resume. Hope this helps!

I got an interview set for March. I finally got the call today.

Hi guys! I'm new to the thread and have already had my interview and post-interview test 2 weeks ago. I go to HU currently so I'm guessing they interviewed the Pre-Pharm students here first and then opened up the interviews for transfer applicants. If you have any questions regarding possible interview questions and what to include on your resume or even what will be on the post-int test feel free to ask! I literally took notes on everything!!!! lol Good luck to all!

Wow! they're still doing interviews :O i guess i shouldn't expect a response for a while then

I think they called me in the past but then I called back and I told them that I didn't receive a call. But they said that I received an interview and I scheduled it. I would call the number on the postcard just to make sure.

I think they called me in the past but then I called back and I told them that I didn't receive a call. But they said that I received an interview and I scheduled it. I would call the number on the postcard just to make sure.
Oh. I've already had my interview. I was referring to a response on whether or not I got in, but since they are still conducting interviews I guess it won't be for another few weeks or so.

Oh. I've already had my interview. I was referring to a response on whether or not I got in, but since they are still conducting interviews I guess it won't be for another few weeks or so.

Oh yes. The decision will probably be until early April or May. How did the interview go, were they easy questions they asked you? How was the test?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yes. It will not be probably until early April or May. How did the interview go and what type of questions did they ask you? How was the test?
They asked about 10-15 questions. The first few were based off of my related experience I included on my resume (past internships, work experience, etc). The next few were about my strengths and weaknesses and challenges I have faced as a pre-pharmacy student and how I have improved and overcome them. Next they asked a series of ethical questions where they gave me a situation and I had to provide an answer regarding how I would respond in each of the given situations. They then asked me to provide an experience of my own where I was faced with an ethical dilemma and how I solved the issue. They asked me to elaborate on a few current issues in the field of pharmacy, challenges I think I may face once I get into pharmacy school. They also asked what type of leadership qualities I possessed and asked me to elaborate on each.

As for the actual test, it was about 25 questions that were pretty simple (about the same degree of difficulty as the PCAT). No calculator was allowed and I was allotted about 30 mins to complete it. There were about 2 questions regarding each of the science/math based prerequisite courses (ie, 2-3 biology related questions, 2-3 chemistry related questions, 2-3 math related, organic chem, etc).

Honestly everything was pretty straight-forward. The most I would advise preparing for are the pharmacy current events and ethical questions.

Reactions: 2 users
They asked about 10-15 questions. The first few were based off of my related experience I included on my resume (past internships, work experience, etc). The next few were about my strengths and weaknesses and challenges I have faced as a pre-pharmacy student and how I have improved and overcome them. Next they asked a series of ethical questions where they gave me a situation and I had to provide an answer regarding how I would respond in each of the given situations. They then asked me to provide an experience of my own where I was faced with an ethical dilemma and how I solved the issue. They asked me to elaborate on a few current issues in the field of pharmacy, challenges I think I may face once I get into pharmacy school. They also asked what type of leadership qualities I possessed and asked me to elaborate on each.

As for the actual test, it was about 25 questions that were pretty simple (about the same degree of difficulty as the PCAT). No calculator was allowed and I was allotted about 30 mins to complete it. There were about 2 questions regarding each of the science/math based prerequisite courses (ie, 2-3 biology related questions, 2-3 chemistry related questions, 2-3 math related, organic chem, etc).

Honestly everything was pretty straight-forward. The most I would advise preparing for are the pharmacy current events and ethical questions.

Thank you so much for the information. I am hoping to prepare for these types of questions.

Thank you so much for the information. I am hoping to prepare for these types of questions.
No problem! Good luck with your interview & everything and feel free to ask any other questions regarding HU! I love it here!

Hey guy! Just wanted to let you guys know that I just had my interview today and I must say it went pretty well. I was so nervous, but the faculty made me feel really comfortable and relaxed. Now....just the waiting game:nailbiting:.

PS. Goodluck to everyone that has an interview!

I have my interview on the 11th of march

Reactions: 1 users
I can't believe I'm finished with my interview. I'm glad to be done with that process. =) Does anyone know when they are going to notify us?

They told me that we could know as soon as a week after our interview, or the first week of April. Interviews conclude at the end of March. We'll be notified by mail, so keep an eye on your mailbox!

A girl in my class got her acceptance already. The process has begun. Lol I wasn't nervous before but I need this acceptance letter to be in my mailbox like yesterday!

For admission, Does anyone know if they rate students based on the interview only or is it the whole package of application including the interview?

For admission, Does anyone know if they rate students based on the interview only or is it the whole package of application including the interview?

I have been told by alumni that we earn points based on each component of our application. So you would get a certain number of points for your interview, a certain number of points for having a 4-year degree, a certain number of points for having pharmacy experience, etc. From there, I would assume that maybe they sort the applicants by points and then accept based on that.

A girl in my class got her acceptance already. The process has begun. Lol I wasn't nervous before but I need this acceptance letter to be in my mailbox like yesterday!

Really?! I hope ours arrive soon! I'm so ready to find out where I'll be in the Fall.

I have been told by alumni that we earn points based on each component of our application. So you would get a certain number of points for your interview, a certain number of points for having a 4-year degree, a certain number of points for having pharmacy experience, etc. From there, I would assume that maybe they sort the applicants by points and then accept based on that.

Really?! I hope ours arrive soon! I'm so ready to find out where I'll be in the Fall.

I like that, when they rate each component for each application. Good luck to everyone!

hey, has anyone gone for the interview? going next weekend! Any tips regarding the interview questions will be grealty appreciated.

Anybody know what the deposit fee is?

Has anyone heard anything back yet? I'm getting antsy!

Just found out I was accepted. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! Yes, it came in the mail earlier today.

That is awesome. I am hoping my letter comes soon. I am a transfer student. Are you a pre-pharmacy student or a transfer?

Hey Guys! My letter came in as well. So excited! Goodluck to everyone else still waiting.

I was accepted today as well!

That is very exciting that y'all are getting acceptance letters! I am still on the wait to hear back. Good luck everyone!

I'm sure yours will arrive soon!

I'm still waiting for the response! I had my interview on the 26th of March! They told me to take Gen Biol 1 and History 1! I hope it won't affect my admission acceptance?

I got the acceptance letter today. Very exciting!

I'm still waiting for the response! I had my interview on the 26th of March! They told me to take Gen Biol 1 and History 1! I hope it won't affect my admission acceptance?

I have prerequisites left to take, so I don't think it would impact an acceptance offer. We just have to take it before we can start.
I got the acceptance letter today. Very exciting!

Wonderful! I'm so happy for you! I was hoping yours was just a day later because you live further away! I'm sure you're so relieved an excited!

Wow congrats! I hope I would get mine soon!!

I have prerequisites left to take, so I don't think it would impact an acceptance offer. We just have to take it before we can start.

Wonderful! I'm so happy for you! I was hoping yours was just a day later because you live further away! I'm sure you're so relieved an excited!

Yes. Very exciting.

Hey y'all, I'm new on here. I just got my acceptance letter as of yesterday. I'm super excited! Good luck to the rest who may still be interviewing or waiting on their acceptances!

Congrats dear!! I'm still waiting for mine !!!