Menu Icon Search
Close Search

Happy 2012!

Discussion in 'Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' started by lauraLWW, 01.03.12.

1. lauraLWW

lauraLWW Exhibitor

SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    We want to wish a very Happy 2012 to all our fans and followers here on SDN! We've thorougly enjoyed using this forum to connect with you during 2011. We strive to make the forum an informative environment for all. Feel free to post a reply and let us know how we're doing! How can we improve the forum in 2012?

[​IMG]
  2. contemplate206

contemplate206

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Are there any student reviews of Lippincott's Illustrated Q&A Review of Microbiology and Immunology?

I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.
  3. lauraLWW

lauraLWW Exhibitor

SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi contemplate206!

We did a search ourselves and came up short on student reviews as well. Any forum followers that have used Lippincott's Illustrated Q&A Review of Microbiology and Immunology, can you offer any feedback?

What we can tell you is Lippincott's Illustrated Q&A Review of Microbiology and Immunology offers up-to-date, clinically relevant board-style questions-perfect for course review and board prep. It has approximately 500 multiple-choice questions with detailed answer explanations covering frequently tested topics in: bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, infectious disease, basic immunology, and clinical immunology. The book is heavily illustrated with photos of clinical manifestations or of gram-stained organisms, parasite eggs, oocysts or other parasitic stages, or pathologic specimens.Online access to the questions and answers provides flexible study options.

[​IMG]

4. contemplate206

contemplate206

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    One of the features listed under this book on the Lww website states that "--Authors have years of experience teaching and question writing for national board exams." Can you confirm if this includes USMLE step 1?

I would be interested in purchasing this but i can't justify spending that much money for a book with no direct reviews or a preview of the content.

I do have the Anatomy & Embryo, Neuro, and Biochem in this series and can say they are very good.

I also have the Rubin's path Q book, but have not gone through it.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal