Happy Post Thanksgiving!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goobernut

LCSW
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of us are students. I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Holidays! I finished my last paper on Wednesday and I'm thrilled. I interview with my last practicum site on Thursday and I'm insanely happy about this.

How close are you guys to being out for the holidays? Do you all have to take a licensure test at the end of your MSW? I will have to take the LMSW as soon as I grad in order to start my LCSW supervision.

Enjoy your break!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your last paper? I am envious! The very last day of classes are the 17th, and I am on a plane the next morning until the 4th of January. Last day of class and internship is April 30th, graduation is May 15th. I am moving after graduation to a state with a pretty convoluted licensure process. You just reminded me to look at it again. The last time I took a gander I got frustrated and did something else on my to-do list.

Happy Post Thanksgiving!

I'm a first year but super pumped to get this semester done with. I only have two weeks left!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have two weeks left like you ikibah, meaning two weeks full of papers and presentations, but the end is drawing nigh! I'm back home enjoying the last day of my short break for now, and have quite the trek tomorrow. We too have a licensing exam pre-supervision, but I'm a ways away from that unfortunately. However, I did just make acquaintances with the clinical director at my local VA, and he's encouraged me to apply next year as they are "in need" of more psychiatric social workers, so that's exciting! Good luck wrapping things up everybody!

Reactions: 2 users
I think my last day of Spring semester is also around April 30, we graduate on May 9.

Wesley!!! That rocks about the VA. I'm still wrapped around the axel about finding a job since picking the health stipend. I keep telling myself that statistically it's unlikely that I will get a job in the bottom quartile of social worker salary, but there is always that fear.