Hard decision. Someone help me choose.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SHC1984

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am moving to Texas this Saturday for rotations. I will be there for at least 7 months. The area I am looking for housing at is pretty pricey...and I am on a budget now. :rolleyes: But the good news is I manage to talk someone to give me a room for $600 a month...it was listed for $900 and I talked them down to $600. I also talked another person from $800 to $600.

The PROBLEM is now they BOTH want me to move in for $600 a month....

Which room do you guys like better?

The $900 is a bigger room with a bathroom inside with Jacuzzi etc. but its a guy. Never room with a guy before. The $800 is a woman seems really nice and cool...could use a new friend, but her room is smaller and the bathroom is outside the room...but I still have my own bathroom b/c it's only me and her.

What room do you guys like better

Room 1) http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/roo/3145628568.html

or

Room 2) http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/roo/3177927596.html

Not sure where I should live at...:confused: Glad I got the price I wanted from BOTH people though! LOL... $600 a month with everything included is really good in that area.

Members don't see this ad.

Take the room with the chick.

I am thinking that too. Thanks.

The only drawback with her is the house is smaller (1685 sq ft vs 3000 sq ft) and my bedroom is smaller and my bathroom is outside my room and it doesn't have a jacuzzi.

But she seem really COOL. We are friends on Facebook already and she have tons of friends and goes out a lot....I could use a friend in Texas.

Members don't see this ad :)

From the girls I know who have roomed with same-sex and different sex before. They said that rooming with the guy was a cleaner place, getting free food sometimes, better TV/entertainment, but there's like a 50% chance that he'll be trying to get sex from you. Especially when it comes to these super-low price or zero cost nice apartments. And usually it is some 30-40 year old guy who has a lot of money, but is unattractive/socially awkward.

Safe thing to do would be never room with a guy unless you know them from a friend or through school. This is the real world out there.

You're moving to San Antonio? Oh man, I almost think we should set up an SDN meet-up. :laugh:

yep...I'll be living in Stone Oak area. Sure we can meet at the mall if you want. :)

Which room should I pick?????? This is the hardest part now. LOL

Safe thing to do would be never room with a guy unless you know them from a friend or through school. This is the real world out there.

This is TRUE...it's just very HARD to turn down a room with a jacuzzi....I never own my own jacuzzi before. LOL

I guess as long as you don't mind the hidden camera pointed at the jacuzzi, by that guy, it's all good.

:eek:

I'll most likely go with the woman as all my family members are telling me that.

I guess as long as you don't mind the hidden camera pointed at the jacuzzi, by that guy, it's all good.

That, and the OP will probably have to constantly watch out for any additive in her food/drinks kept in the shared refrigerator.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely the dood if he's rich.

I'd be more worried about Pharm B showing up at her front door now that he knows which 2 places she could possibly be living at. ;)

I'd be more worried about Pharm B showing up at her front door now that he knows which 2 places she could possibly be living at. ;)

Nah Waterman...pharmB is a wholesome dood.

Lol she just told everyone where she's gonna live....there are other creepers on here besides B!

The Jacuzzi could be a lure for a hidden camera.

Definitely room with the female.

EDIT: Darn it! I just scrolled up and someone else already commented on the possible hidden camera over the jacuzzi.

Damn, everyone is coming to Texas. Stop that! Only I am allowed to move to Texas!

But honestly, why and what rotation requires you to go from Atlanta to San Antonio? Kinda random unless you have family / relatives. If I'm was going far out on rotation, it'll be like vegas or Hawaii, fun places.

Damn, everyone is coming to Texas. Stop that! Only I am allowed to move to Texas!

But honestly, why and what rotation requires you to go from Atlanta to San Antonio? Kinda random unless you have family / relatives. If I'm was going far out on rotation, it'll be like vegas or Hawaii, fun places.

Keep up. She was doing it for a guy who has now broken up with her.

I did three x 1 month rotations out of state...Texas, DC and Virginia (when I went to Rx school in Florida). Some people like to explore and see what else is out there, believe it or not! But of course, it wasn't required, and if I wanted to, I could have stayed in the area like everyone else...

I'd go with the female roommate, for all the reasons mentioned above.

If a guy with a 3,000 ft2 house needs help paying the bills, he needs to sell that house, not move young women in with him unless they were in a prior relationship. It just sounds like bad news from the word go.

Safest way to go is with female landlord but there are a lot of male landlords out there who is not a pervert/creepy dude... He could just want to rent his empty bedroom to bring more $$$. I know I would if I have a 5 bedroom house. I could careless if it's a female or male as long as she/he is clean, generally quiet and pays rent on time.

Two can play the screening game. If you REALLY want the bigger house, you can screen this landlord. Ask how many people live in the house, any of them females? Ask for his previous female tenants' phone number and call them up asking tons of questions about him.

Safest way to go is with female landlord but there are a lot of male landlords out there who is not a pervert/creepy dude... He could just want to rent his empty bedroom to bring more $$$. I know I would if I have a 5 bedroom house. I could careless if it's a female or male as long as she/he is clean, generally quiet and pays rent on time.

Two can play the screening game. If you REALLY want the bigger house, you can screen this landlord. Ask how many people live in the house, any of them females? Ask for his previous female tenants' phone number and call them up asking tons of questions about him.

Yeah, you're right she can go to the website nakedjacuzzigirls.com and ask any of them how he was as a landlord.

If a guy with a 3,000 ft2 house needs help paying the bills, he needs to sell that house, not move young women in with him unless they were in a prior relationship. It just sounds like bad news from the word go.

Why would anyone want to live with your ex?

nice avatar SHC, so does that mean we're hanging out in vegas? :luck:

Why would anyone want to live with your ex?

Let me explain what I meant by "prior relationship". I meant that they were dating before she moved in, not just moved in not knowing him at all.

Let me explain what I meant by "prior relationship". I meant that they were dating before she moved in, not just moved in not knowing him at all.

Huh! Why are we having this conversation when we can be on nakedjacuzzigirls.com

Hate to burst your jacuzzi bubble, but isn't the point of a jacuzzi that you are up to your neck in water? Lol

This is TRUE...it's just very HARD to turn down a room with a jacuzzi....I never own my own jacuzzi before. LOL

The jacuzzi tubs suck. We have one that takes the whole 50 gallon water heater to fill. So you fill it up and then are out of hot water for an hour. We use ours as an extra storage space for towels and things.

Are you crazy? You would actually live with a guy you arranged to rent a room from off Craigslist? Seriously are you out of your mind?!?!?!

I am sorry for all of you coming to Texass.

DAMN! I wished I live in Texas then I will only charge you $400/month! Cuz you're super awesome!

It's posed to be hotter than donut grease this weekend....I'm ready for fall. :(

The woman could be a lesbian with the same intentions as the "evil sex seeking man."

Oh, I forgot, we've all been brainwashed to believe that all men are potential rapists and women are always safer.

Pfft.