Hardest medical school to get into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Probably Stanford or Harvard.

Members don't see this ad.

The school thats absolutely impossible to get into, is princeton medical school, no question..

....because it doesnt exist. Princeton doesnt have a medical school.

Its thought that the most competitive schools to gain admission, are the ucsf and ucla schools of medicine, esp ucsf....

Members don't see this ad :)
Beijing University faculty of medicine is probably pretty hard as well.

boomuntilmoon, any chance you went to duke?

i'm gonna go with UCSB med

Can we please stop it with the non-existent med schools please? :)

Oh no! Not another "WashU is a grades *****" or "WashU should not be in X ranking" thread.

Originally posted by Mr Reddly
I have to say that I decided Wash U would be easier to get into (no, they haven't interviewed me), because I did get a 35... this year. My reasoning was like this:

In order to get an MCAT ave that high, they have to take everybody they can get with high scores. I looked at the score distribution chart from AAMC and decided that Wash U had to take people with 35, but couldn't afford to take people with <35 if they wanted to keep the high ave. Also, they couldn't fill it with only people above 35 because there are just not that many >35 scores out there. ( I know there actually are, but some of them would go to other schools ie, Cali people).

So, since my other attibutes are far from stellar, I decided I would have a better shot at Wash U than most other schools. As a side note, thus far, I have been wrong. :)

with such amazing deductive reasoning skills, how did you not get a 43 on your MCAT? :p

Originally posted by Mr Reddly
I have to say that I decided Wash U would be easier to get into (no, they haven't interviewed me), because I did get a 35... this year. My reasoning was like this:

In order to get an MCAT ave that high, they have to take everybody they can get with high scores. I looked at the score distribution chart from AAMC and decided that Wash U had to take people with 35, but couldn't afford to take people with <35 if they wanted to keep the high ave. Also, they couldn't fill it with only people above 35 because there are just not that many >35 scores out there. ( I know there actually are, but some of them would go to other schools ie, Cali people).

So, since my other attibutes are far from stellar, I decided I would have a better shot at Wash U than most other schools. As a side note, thus far, I have been wrong. :)

Indeed you were. I can tell you with a >35 that it took them about 3 1/2 months to decide if they were even going to interview me. :laugh: I'll gratefully go to the interview they grudgingly offered me though.;)