HARDING VS ROOSEVELT which school is better for pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashah289

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
i need your advice. I was fortunate enough to be accepted to three schools. But there is my dilemma i was accepted to Roosevelt university school of pharmacy in schaumburg, Illinois and Harding university college of pharmacy in searcy, Arkansas.
Roosevelt: Pros: its 3 years; located about 40 minutes away from chiacgo so more rotation opportunities; block schedule
Harding: Pros: its fully accredited and its located about 40 minutes from littler rock; and its a dry city (good for me bc i dont drink); its a christian school (i am not christian but i does not make a difference to me (i am Indian)).

Roosevelt: Cons: its brand new i was be in its inaugural class; i heard that the school is a joke among pharmacist in Illinois but i personally loved the staff and the school
Harding Cons: its 4 years, located in Arkansas ( which i have no problem with)

I need your opinion on which school is better from me to attend .... a brand new school that is a 3 year program or a candidate school that will be accredited next year that is 4 years.

I am leaning towards roosevelt bc it is a 3 yr school and bc of its location
also i wanted to do residency after i graduate but i was wondering will my application be given the same weight if i attend a 3 yr new school than a 4 yr accredited school
-->any insight will be appreciated and if you can provide with your experience that will be great also

which school do you think is a better choice for me to attend; thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Roosevelt: Cons: its brand new i was be in its inaugural class; i heard that the school is a joke among pharmacist in Illinois but i personally loved the staff and the school

i wanted to do residency after i graduate but i was wondering will my application be given the same weight if i attend a 3 yr new school than a 4 yr accredited school

You answered your own question

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't Harding the super hardcore Christian one? Wouldn't it be weird going there unless you're a super hardcore Christian? I wouldn't know, as I never went there, just saying it might be strange, and the religion might influence teaching (for example, what are their policies about teaching on contraception?)

Isn't Harding the super hardcore Christian one? Wouldn't it be weird going there unless you're a super hardcore Christian? I wouldn't know, as I never went there, just saying it might be strange, and the religion might influence teaching (for example, what are their policies about teaching on contraception?)

Yup. That's what I hear about the undergrad anyway.

I dunno if the college of pharmacy is different.