Harmfull bird flu infection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friend
Before some time I was working in Australia, I had done work there for a long time during that period, I was feeling that that there were lot of bird flu infected persons there, so now I want to collect good quality information about bird flu, so please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

The influenza of the bird spreads only between the chicken fowl. The direct contact to which the fowl has been attached to you is small, we should be good. In order to obtain maxium quality information potential, direct internets to CDC. If body feeling is bad, make to your doctor rapidly.

(I love Engrish)

http://www.engrish.com

chicken-apocalypse.jpg

(Edit: I forgot CHICKEN APOCALYPSE!)

It's been recently spread from Asia to Turkey and Iraq! This is a deadly strain; we have to be careful.

Members don't see this ad :)
happydays said:
It's been recently spread from Asia to Turkey and Iraq! This is a deadly strain; we have to be careful.

It's called karma, for everyone who loves that "finger licking good" food. :laugh:

happydays said:

It's hard to tell if it is a dangerous strain or not... what if it has infected thousands of people asymptomatically, but clinical symptoms manifest in only a small number of people (the ones we hear about on the news)? It's possible that this strain is even less dangerous than your regular old flu going around this winter. You'd have to do population-level screening to tell.

[This was an alternate point of view I heard from one of my profs a couple of months ago]

harp said:
Hi friend
Before some time I was working in Australia, I had done work there for a long time during that period, I was feeling that that there were lot of bird flu infected persons there, so now I want to collect good quality information about bird flu, so please help me.

One major symptom of the bird flu is a strong urge to go take a crap on the windshield of your car. (Joke)

knitwitty said:
It's hard to tell if it is a dangerous strain or not... what if it has infected thousands of people asymptomatically, but clinical symptoms manifest in only a small number of people (the ones we hear about on the news)? It's possible that this strain is even less dangerous than your regular old flu going around this winter. You'd have to do population-level screening to tell.

[This was an alternate point of view I heard from one of my profs a couple of months ago]
My professor said that over 50% of the people who have gotten this strain has died, so we need to be very careful. Right now, it's fairly under control. the problems will arise if it mutates into another form. It will take some time before we can develope the proper vaccine toward it. It's not that we can't treat it, the problem is that it will take time to find the vaccine and being able to deliver it; by then, perhaps many would have already died.