About the ads

Harris teeter

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by shoppe, Jun 8, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. shoppe

shoppe Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Does anyone know anything about Harris teeter? The pharmacy recruiter told me pharmacist pay is salary at $104k a year. How is the working condition?
  2. tongiecc

tongiecc Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Very good, no drive through, looks slow every time I buy groceries there. You're getting less than say a WG or CVS offer from what I gather that friends are making, but it will more than make up for it in reduced stress IMO; Although you probably want to ask some peeps that know the stores/work there what the conditions are actually like, bcuz I know some people that work at 'slower' places and it is actually more hectic b/c there is not any support staff. Also may want to see how stable the chain is/whether they may be wanting to get out of or reduce their presence in the pharmacy game (as some grocery stores have done)
  3. StevePerry

StevePerry

Pharmacist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Dude you just said Harris Teeter. Any company with a name that cool must be a thumbs up.
  4. MountainPharmD

MountainPharmD custodiunt illud simplex

Pharmacist
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    huhhh....huhh.....huh....uh......He said Teeter....huhh...huh...
  5. rph3664

rph3664

Pharmacist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I've always found the name Piggly Wiggly amusing too.

I live in Hy-Vee land, and at my contract job last summer, I brought in some plastic silverware of this store brand, and one of my techs said, "What the %^&* is Hy-Vee?" This job was in an area without Hy-Vee, and the tech had never heard of this chain. The nearest store was about 100 miles from that town.
  6. tongiecc

tongiecc Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    My guess is that you're in Iowa/Nebraska b/c those are the only Midwest states I can think of that you'd have as hard a time finding something as you did as those states have an abnormally high pharmacy school to population ratio