Harry Potter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolverinepwns

Si vis pacem, para bellum
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who's going to the midnight showing? and Who's dressing up haha?

Members don't see this ad.

So who's going to the midnight showing? and Who's dressing up haha?

I've got tickets to an advanced screening at 7pm this Thursday.... I'm so excited!! I'm a big HP dork haha, I doubt I'll dress up though. How about you?

I'm going to go see it during the break. Midnight showing around my area's been sold out for like.. 2 weeks haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
guilty as a HP nerd too :D not enough to go to a midnight showing and dress up though :laugh: For now, gotta worry about upcoming interviews first

Is it sad I have been secretly waiting for this thread!!

However, no midnight showing for me for the first time for the past 5 movies... Quarter systems for me means I have finals Friday and Saturday. But I will be seeing it in IMAX Saturday night and I cannot wait!

Once Harry started having urges it kinda got weird...but yeah I'm definately going to hit that up

I'm going to the night opening thursday night with like 13 friends, we're all dressing up (most of us), Im obviously gonna be a the greatest house there is = Slytherine.

Is it sad I have been secretly waiting for this thread!!

However, no midnight showing for me for the first time for the past 5 movies... Quarter systems for me means I have finals Friday and Saturday. But I will be seeing it in IMAX Saturday night and I cannot wait!

No, I've secretly been hoping for it too!!! I am a total HP dork, but I would never dress up. I'm still debating on what day I want to go.

was just reading the 7th book when I put it down to check the SDN forums :laugh:

I'm going to the night opening thursday night with like 13 friends, we're all dressing up (most of us), Im obviously gonna be a the greatest house there is = Slytherine.

:laugh: I'm working on Thursday night... ****ty. I'm gonna hit it up Friday afternoon I think if I can find some people to go with. You going to one of the midnight showings in WW or are you going to an IMAX showing?

:laugh: I'm working on Thursday night... ****ty. I'm gonna hit it up Friday afternoon I think if I can find some people to go with. You going to one of the midnight showings in WW or are you going to an IMAX showing?

yeah I got lucky and got my shift covered! Im pretty sure its an IMAX showing cuz it was like 16$ for a tickets, but I have no idea since someone else but the tickets.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hell yeah, Slytherin.

We're just misunderstood.

My GF got me hooked onto HP. I'm reading the books first, then i'll watch the movies.

Just got done at the advanced screening... ITS SO GOOD! :D Now I can't wait until the second part!

The books are my favorites and I've probably read each one at least a million times. I just don't care much for the movies though. Like most books made into movies, these aren't as faithful to the books as I'd like them to be.

To everyone that's going to the midnight screening though, have fun!

So anyone who went and saw the movie already, how was it? Since they broke it up into 2 books did it feel rushed like the others or drag on?

:thumbup: to this post. I am a huge HP nerd too, but I can hold off seeing it till this weekend or next. But I've never dressed up, maybe next year, ha.

I've also read the books multiple times (on paper and the audiobooks :cool: I commute to work daily and it's pretty entertaining)

I've read all the books a few times, and had seen up to the third movie. I couldn't get through the fourth and didn't bother to watch the fifth or sixth movie. At my friend's insistence, I went out to see this one.

It was good in the fact that it stuck closer to the books(from what I remember anyways), but it seemed to drag in parts. Anyone else think that? Overall, I left much more inspired to see the last part than not, which it what they were aiming for I think. :p

I thought the movie was great, but now we have to wait 6 months for the second part.

My wife teases me about not watching them unless coerced. She gets particularly frustrated when a Harry Potter joke or Twilight reference goes over my head and I'm left asking what they were talking about. I was given a "dementor" (Polly-pop draped in black tissue paper) from a kid during Halloween. Turns out everyone around me knew what a dementor was except me. After having watched a few more of the movies from both blockbuster series I realized I enjoyed HP more than Twilight. Primarily because I was expecting good acting in Twilight however I was let down whereas HP I had no expectations from pre-pubescent teens so it wasn't a let down, I expected the bad acting. And I laugh as I imagine Severis Snape falling from the 30th floor of Nakatome Plaza Building. I do love the scenery of HP, id love to get lost in the hills of Hogwarts. Are DOs recognized as physicians in the UK yet?

Twilight is NOT as good as harry potter... ugh twilight, vomit...

The new movie is SOOO good, for the record, if there are parents out there, see it first on your own, then decide if you think your kids should see it. It's quite a bit darker (as it should be) than the last movie (which should not have been PG), and the opening scenes could be traumatic for littler kids...

Twilight is NOT as good as harry potter... ugh twilight, vomit...

The new movie is SOOO good, for the record, if there are parents out there, see it first on your own, then decide if you think your kids should see it. It's quite a bit darker (as it should be) than the last movie (which should not have been PG), and the opening scenes could be traumatic for littler kids...

This is so true... The little boy sitting next to my boyfriend was pretty much traumatized when Dobby died.. Granted I did tear up a bit, but he was bawling.

This is so true... The little boy sitting next to my boyfriend was pretty much traumatized when Dobby died.. Granted I did tear up a bit, but he was bawling.

Seriously! Harry Potter....more like Scary Potter.

Just saw it earlier today and I loved it!

Me too. It was great! I enjoyed it a lot more than the last few. To me, this is the best Potter movie since the first one. Looking forward to the next final half to be released.

Not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I saw the movie earlier today and it was pretty good :)

Part two: July 15th!

will be bumping this thread up around July 10th haha!

Part two: July 15th!

will be bumping this thread up around July 10th haha!

I can't wait to see Harry Potter!! Honestly I watched the first movie but was so disappointed with it (books are 99.9% better than their movies) that I did not watcht the rest. BUT -I have heard that this one is as good as the book! YEAH :D