Has any one enrolled in USF COPH MPH online Public Helath Practice program???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cody1MD

USF MPH/DrPH
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any pro or cons in this program. Feed back greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Any pro or cons in this program. Feed back greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm at USF in the Communicable Diseases MSPH program. I have taken a few online courses here and I supposed they are ok. I personally hate online classes though and I really don't believe in the concept of an online degree so my opinion may not be the greatest to base on.

I can attest to the great professors USF has at the COPH. The profs in the Center for Biological Defense especially are tops on their fields and wonderful teachers. I love the school.

Sorry I'm not more help about the online only program. If I have it my way, I will never take another online class as long as I live!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at USF in the Communicable Diseases MSPH program. I have taken a few online courses here and I supposed they are ok. I personally hate online classes though and I really don't believe in the concept of an online degree so my opinion may not be the greatest to base on.

I can attest to the great professors USF has at the COPH. The profs in the Center for Biological Defense especially are tops on their fields and wonderful teachers. I love the school.

Sorry I'm not more help about the online only program. If I have it my way, I will never take another online class as long as I live!!

Hi! Sorry for trying to hijack the post, but I am very interested in the Communicable Disease program at USF and have had trouble getting in touch with anyone who knows much about it. I did my undergrad at USF and in general found the professors to be extremely helpful and approachable. I also hate online classes-you just can't get the same quality of material and networking opportunities. I would love to know if you were able to find good opportunities in the program, doing research and finding jobs after completion. If you have a minute, I would appreciate any info.

Hi! Sorry for trying to hijack the post, but I am very interested in the Communicable Disease program at USF and have had trouble getting in touch with anyone who knows much about it. I did my undergrad at USF and in general found the professors to be extremely helpful and approachable. I also hate online classes-you just can't get the same quality of material and networking opportunities. I would love to know if you were able to find good opportunities in the program, doing research and finding jobs after completion. If you have a minute, I would appreciate any info.

I've been meaning to reply to you in another thread but I've been buried lately...
1. If you liked your undergrad experience at USF you'll probably like your grad experience. I had some great professors for my BSPH at USF and I've had a few of them again this semester.
2. I can't speak to good opportunities personally, but I receive tons of eMails about FE (some paid), research and student employment opportunities all the time.

Hi! Late congrats on your acceptance to USF! I have been searching threads for info, and haven't seen too much info on USF's programs. I am extremely interested in the same program you are doing and would love to know what drew you to USF. I know you have probably only been in classes for a few weeks, but would love any feedback on your experience thus far and if it seems like there are good opportunities in the Tampa area.

I'll repost why I decided on USF from a conversation I had before:

1. Instate tuition is a big part of it.

2. I'm familiar with the Tampa area and I have family and friends in and around Tampa, it's also a short drive to friends and family in the NW Florida area. Being somewhat nearby makes it easier for family to see my daughter.

3. The faculty I've met at USF have been awesome. I attended PHSA (Public Health Student Association) lectures and presentations and got a really good, friendly vibe from senior faculty. They were approachable and seemed interested in the success of their students.

4. The dual Epidemiology and Communicable Disease program was something I couldn't really find elsewhere. I'm interested in infectious disease/tropical med. epidemiology and the program I was accepted to allows me to pursue that interest.

5. As an undergrad at USF's COPH I noticed that the university was really investing in their public health programs. I think the investment is reflected in USF's new school ranking. I don't place too much stock in the rankings for program but it sort of confirms that the COPH is a focus at USF.

6. There are tons of research opportunities at USF for grad students. They have guest lecturers and there are many collaboration and learning opportunities with the Morsani CoM, Biomedical department and College of Pharmacy.