Has anybody else made an error on their PTCAS app after e-submitting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtones

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized I made a mistake on my essay!!! I was in a hurry to submit before the OCT 1 deadline of one of the PT programs that I was applying to and I wrote the name of the PT program in the essay. I thought that I could go back and later customize the essay to every program that I was planning on applying to. I thought that the option to customize the essay portion of the application was still available as it was last application cycle. I feel dumb because under the essay box in small fine print it says you can't edit the essay after you e-submit. Has anyone made a similar mistake? And if so did the PTCAS allow corrections to be made???

Members don't see this ad.

Try calling them or emailing their customer service department, I remember them being very helpful. Just remember that they are on EST, if you aren't on the east coast.

I think that they don't actually send out the applications until a week or two after you submit, because I had some problems with mine and they told me the information I needed to enter in, even after the deadline passed.

So if I e-submit my application on ptcas like a week or a half a week before the schools deadline, am I going to miss the deadline even though I submitted it on ptcas on time?

No, I didn't mean to confuse you about that. The deadline is the deadline and submitting it a week and a half before or on the day of the deadline is the same thing.