Has anyone done a rotation at the Cleveland clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dermaway

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know they provide housing for you. I was one if anyone can get some details on what the housing is like.

Is there anything in the rooms outside of just the basics? Like a TV

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, the Cleveland Clinic provides housing for their audition rotators? Never heard of any place doing this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't medical school free there as well?
I think you're correct, for CCLCM - it's a 5 year program 4 years of med school + 1 research year. I'm just surprised CC takes cares of housing for people who'll be there for only 1 month.

I think you're correct, for CCLCM - it's a 5 year program 4 years of med school + 1 research year. I'm just surprised CC takes cares of housing for people who'll be there for only 1 month.
yeah it really is so nice of them. takes a load of stress off trying to find a place to stay

Reactions: 1 user
He/She never said it was free housing, just that its provided (as in it could just be an option). Danbury does it in Connecticut. It just costs a certain amount per week.

EDIT: Oh really, free housing das it mane!

There are a handful that do this. I can name >5 programs who provide free housing.
For audition rotators? I'm assuming it's with the housing for their residents as I doubt they have housing for audition rotators only.

For audition rotators? I'm assuming it's with the housing for their residents as I doubt they have housing for audition rotators only.

Nope...the ones I am thinking of are either long stay hotels or there is one program that rents an apartment year around that visiting students get to stay in.

There are programs that provide free housing for rotating sub-I students or audition rotations. I knew of three near my med school. All community hospitals.
Yes, I expect that from community hospitals who need good applicants. The Cleveland Clinic, not so much.

Nope...the ones I am thinking of are either long stay hotels or there is one program that rents an apartment year around that visiting students get to stay in.
They pay for their long stay hotel or that apt. rent?

The rooms for rotators, as I recall, are essentially just like call rooms. Bed, desk, phone, bathroom. I don't recall there being any TV / Computer in the room. I would highly suggest you bring something to do, as the area right around the clinic is not, uh, very walking friendly.
interesting thread, i was searching for something like this. i'm rotating there in january.

is parking far from there? i was thinking about bringing my guitar, would that be possible? i'd feel like a fool for walking halfway across the campus with a guitar. its an electric but i would just play it without an amp to practice, so it would hardly make any noise at all. thanks!

They are old call rooms. Nothing in the room but a bed, desk, and mini fridge. The parking garage is prob 200 yards away.

Reactions: 1 user
The rooms for rotators, as I recall, are essentially just like call rooms. Bed, desk, phone, bathroom. I don't recall there being any TV / Computer in the room. I would highly suggest you bring something to do, as the area right around the clinic is not, uh, very walking friendly.
Why not walking friendly?

They are old call rooms. Nothing in the room but a bed, desk, and mini fridge. The parking garage is prob 200 yards away.

This. Bunk bed twin XL but unlikely you'll be splitting it with someone. Sink in each room, toilet and shower split between two adjoining dorm rooms.

Desk, couple chairs, good closet space for 1 person (like 2 for hangars and 1 for misc. stuff). One drawer for clothes. Decent view depending on which side of the building you're on. Mini fridge is a nice touch for free housing.

Bring something to do or definitely have a car because there is not a lot to do within a radius of the campus. Like a BK, McDonalds, Popeye's, CVS, and Aldi is all I saw driving around this evening. Student lounge with a pool table and a TV and a couple computers in the same building. A guitar that isn't too loud isn't a bad idea. Parking garage is maybe a block or block and a half away from the dorms.

It's a pretty solid deal in that it's free. Fortunate that there's quite a few rooms (like 20 per floor x 3 floors?) so I haven't seen anyone splitting a room as of yet (just sharing a bathroom).

The perk of getting a long white coat that's significantly more comfortable is a nice one. Only knock is that it doesn't have inside pockets, decreasing the amount of carrying capacity.

There's a phone in the room but why would I use that?

Only issue is that there is a shortage of accessible outlets. I count about 3 free ones in the entire room, mostly in awkward positions for phone/laptop recharging.

And yeah, this is for all visiting students. There's a bunch of students from Case Western who normally go back to their apartments rather than stay in the dorms.

PM me if you have any more specific questions regarding the housing.