Has anyone ever figured out your SDN identity in real life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn't care if anyone knows who I am because I don't type anything on here that I wouldn't say in real life. Plus, I'm just another premed student in this huge herd lol.
Funny thing is, I recognized a surgeon from here who did my father's surgery. At that moment I was so tempted to tell the surgeon but I resisted :angelic:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know I saw my pre-med adviser on SDN. I got a little frightened if she saw all my posts about transferring... :whistle::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My heart weeps for the next generation. How much more obvious can she get wow

In 5 years you're going to get hit with the revelation that you had a chance and blew it
wut you think I didn't know??? Not sure what my fiancé woulda thought if I jumped on dat chance tho nah mean...hence the finding her on fb part, keeping in option open in case ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I know who one person is, not sure if they know who I am, though.

About 2 dozen people know who I am on here (3-4 figured it out IRL, the others I actually met through SDN first). Just about anyone could probably figure out my identity if they looked through enough of my posts. When you're an MD/PhD and you're fairly open about where you go to school, you can only have so much anonymity.

Yeeeeeeeah

If I remember correctly, I was there for that one. It also doesn't help that RTC looks exactly like his avatar.

I met you at a philly school, no? I think that was take 2 with said person. It turns out we interviewed at an NYC school then a philly school at the same time!

I'm quite the Jefferson celebrity. People are pretty psyched when they get to meet Doctor Strange in real life.

I was pretty psyched, as were the other SDN-er's at our meetup pre jeff interview!

I wouldn't care if anyone knows who I am because I don't type anything on here that I wouldn't say in real life. Plus, I'm just another premed student in this huge herd lol.
Funny thing is, I recognized a surgeon from here who did my father's surgery. At that moment I was so tempted to tell the surgeon but I resisted :angelic:
Was it me?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was made during pharmacy school by a classmate. It's not too surprising/upsetting though, I posted my school, campus, and year. Plus my humor is pretty sarcastic/distinctive. Plus my user name could be considered a clue. I was actually a little flattered that someone creeped me enough to put it all together. And I don't put anything online that I wouldn't own up to IRL. *shrug*

I met you at a philly school, no? I think that was take 2 with said person. It turns out we interviewed at an NYC school then a philly school at the same time!
Yup, a certain Presidential Philly school where I also got to meet Doctor Strange.

I guarantee everyone if any of you spoke five minutes to me on the interview trail, you can identify who this account belongs to.

I guarantee everyone if any of you spoke five minutes to me on the interview trail, you can identify who this account belongs to.

Is your totally bizarre sentence structure something you carry into conversation?

Reactions: 7 users
But seriously, I am basically Officer Farva in real life too, minus being an actual officer in Vermont.

I had one person ask me in my class if I was me.
I've been responding to my school discussion thread and I said something in class I repeated on the forum.
Whoops.

I could care less. I dont post often enough, or bad enough stuff to worry about it

To the guy who just messaged me on Facebook telling me you know it's me I'm rolling laughing. You couldn't have timed that better.
That's what I get for sucking at anonymity.
:rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
I bet "The Buff OP" is actually a 4'5" chinese female who weighs 87 pounds soaking wet.

That screenname is the ultimate in identity obfuscation.
Hahaha! did you get that reference from SNL?

Reactions: 1 users
Someone once PM'ed me asking if he should wear his military uniform for an interview. The next day I interviewed someone in uniform who matched the characteristics of the person who had PM'ed me. Weeks later, after it became evident that he was getting admitted, I "came out" to him and we remained friends for many years.

I have one other friend IRL who I first met here. He's interviewing for residencies right now... time flies.

My ability to be frank here hinges on my anonymity.

That is so freaking awesome lol

If SDN had a deactivate account button I would have probably done it months ago.

Most forums have that option.

It's called "log out and lose your password."

Reactions: 2 users
One of the presenters at the interview I just did referred to SDN as "the tabloids of medical school". I found that amusing, though it almost made me rethink the amount of personal info I've given here...

Eh, if I need to be anonymous later, I'll make a new account (assuming that's not against the rules?).

Oh wow...the second result under "similar threads" is "Has anyone ever had cybersex while on SDN?". I feel like I need a new account now just to get that out of my viewing history... =P

One of the presenters at the interview I just did referred to SDN as "the tabloids of medical school". I found that amusing, though it almost made me rethink the amount of personal info I've given here...

Eh, if I need to be anonymous later, I'll make a new account (assuming that's not against the rules?).
It is against the rules ;)

LizzyM said:
Someone once PM'ed me asking if he should wear his military uniform for an interview. The next day I interviewed someone in uniform...
Would you still give the same advice?

Yes. Military dress uniforms are sharp and the military is still respected in this country such that it is not a liablity IMHO to wear the uniform to a med school interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes. Military dress uniforms are sharp and the military is still respected in this country such that it is not a liablity IMHO to wear the uniform to a med school interview.

Was he still active duty?

Because personally I think it'd be really REALLY weird to wear a military dress uniform to a medical school interview if you were separated.

I know a poster IRL and we figured out that we were both members of a particular thread group on SDN. He is nice enough not to bring it up to me when I see him at parties.

Because personally I think it'd be really REALLY weird to wear a military dress uniform to a medical school interview if you were separated.
Breh, PT gear is where it's at for an interview.

Duh! Of course he was active duty. And, btw, someone who asked if he should wear is volunteer firefighter dress uniform got a "no" from me.

if he said his dress uniform he probably meant his Class A's which are nice.
image.jpeg
You can't tell me this wouldn't make an impression
firefighter-suit.jpg