Has anyone ever figured out your SDN identity in real life?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if he said his dress uniform he probably meant his Class A's which are nice. View attachment 200427
Nice enough for a funeral or a parade but not appropriate for a medical school interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Duh! Of course he was active duty. And, btw, someone who asked if he should wear is volunteer firefighter dress uniform got a "no" from me.

Fun fact: it's actually out of regulation for an Army service member to wear a dress uniform to an event that's not of "military character".

I've never been a stickler for the rules, though (and most people don't care, anyway). :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured out who someone was but kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to throw them off on their interview day.

Fun fact: it's actually out of regulation for an Army service member to wear a dress uniform to an event that's not of "military character".

I've never been a stickler for the rules, though (and most people don't care, anyway). :p

Maybe the Marines & Navy have different rules?? I've seen uniforms worn at weddings and fancy dress balls...

With no pt belt. Living on the wild side
upload_2016-2-13_17-28-19.png

Maybe the Marines & Navy have different rules?? I've seen uniforms worn at weddings and fancy dress balls...

I had a marine in my house in college who would harp on the differences in dress code between him and the other branches incessantly.

I have had more people than I care to admit call me out in real life. Most people do it pretty casually. Some people do it really creepily.

The administration of my current school knew who I was when I was applying. I know this because after I was accepted they told me to pass along specific information to the school specific threat on SDN :p

Fortunately I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't be comfortable saying in person and don't go to great lengths to protect my identity.

Nice enough for a funeral or a parade but not appropriate for a medical school interview.
I consider them pretty on par with military's Class A's. So if one is acceptable I'm not sure how the other isn't. Can you explain? I'm legitimately unsure on this topic

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    522.9 KB · Views: 64
I consider them pretty on par with military's Class A's. So if one is acceptable I'm not sure how the other isn't. Can you explain? I'm legitimately unsure on this topic
:hijacked: Just my gut reaction. I've seen a few applicants wearing military uniforms at interviews (Air Force, Navy, West Point come to mind) over the years. I've not seen anyone in a volunteer firefighter's dress uniform although I have interviewed volunteer firefighers. I think that it would be peculiar.

I'm sure I could be found out. I've made it as difficult as non-donorly possible to prevent my posts from being easily searched, but if you put in the effort and knew me personally you could put 2 and 2 together.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to come back and say since I said someone called me out on being me, 2 people today asked me if I was samac.
One who was in the same applying situation as me, and we were just talking about it and apparently her mother follows me on SDN.

And another saw me on it in class today.
Clearly, I'm awful at being anonymous.

For example, I try to keep my personal info to a minimum. I even slightly obscure my stats and state of residence to keep things good. However, I am curious if anyone has ever "been made" at an interview or among fellow applicants?

I feel like this is the website that every premed uses but that everyone would insist having no knowledge of it.

I had this discussion at one of my last interviews with my interview group.

I got outed pretty much immediately (day one) and all hell broke loose at MCG. I was actively avoided.

I'm hellllllla un-anonymous, but that's a choice. I don't think it really matters all that much to most people, though. I hope if anyone ever did care, it would be in a neutral-to-positive way.

I don't think it'd be hard for a determined person to figure out who I was. Now, I doubt I'm actually interesting enough for anyone to put forth that kind of effort, so I think my identity is safe for now.

I don't think it'd be hard for a determined person to figure out who I was. Now, I doubt I'm actually interesting enough for anyone to put forth that kind of effort, so I think my identity is safe for now.

Okay Michael

Oh, yeah. The first week of my post-bacc, I walked around the halls to an intermittent and timid, "B...BeachBlondie?" Made me shudder. Every time.

I've been on SDN for a looooong time.

I've never made an effort to hide my identity on here other than not directly posting it. There are at least 10 ways to figure out who I am. It has never resulted in any negative repercussions to my knowledge and it is nice to meet readers on SDN.

Reactions: 3 users
Not that I know of, but my friends could probably figure it out real quick based on my school-specific posting history.

I figured out who someone else was (from an interview we both attended) and we ended up becoming friends IRL. A classmate and friend of mine and I also deduced one another's SDN identities. While I'm obviously not revealing my real name here, I'm not concerned about anyone figuring out who I am, and it was pretty cool to befriend someone largely through this site!

Someone in my post-bacc figured out who I was and told a couple of our friends. Not a big deal since I'm exactly the same here as in real life and don't post much. I also figured out who someone on here was at one of my interviews and confirmed it when they were at another of my interviews two months later.

I've met people that I actually posted with a lot on interview days, but I felt too weird being like "Hey, are you *** from SDN?" because it's a total creeper thing to ask.