Has anyone gotten NERB status after passing FL boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flipflop88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been successful at achieving NERB "status" after passing the Florida Boards?

NERB started offering NERB status for the FL board exam in 2009 but apparently is not honoring requests.

any info would be greatlllllly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ya I got it. Call this number (301) 563-3306. They'll walk you through the process. It's easy and relatively quick (4-6 weeks). I got a letter from them stating that I passed the NERBs and my scores. It's nice because if I want to apply for licensure to a nerb state I don't have to go through the headache of explaining to them what nerb status is. Probably won't use it; but good to have. Let me know if u have any other questions

How long ago did you get it?

My friend is trying to get NERB status and they said as of 10/13/2010 they will no longer be offering it. I just passed FL boards and am afraid they will deny me too. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
How long ago did you get it?

My friend is trying to get NERB status and they said as of 10/13/2010 they will no longer be offering it. I just passed FL boards and am afraid they will deny me too. :(

i just checked the paper and the date on it is september 14, 2010. so i probably submitted it sometime in july. did you try calling that number i posted?

I've called, my friends attempting to get NERB status have been calling since JULY to no avail... ALL they have to say is we are not going to give NERB status... the Florida Boards is NOT the NERB... even though I have a letter saying they would.

Excerpt from the letter they sent me:

The NERB believes that the current Florida Dental Clinical Examination as administered beginning in November 2008 not only meets, but in some respects exceeds, the NERB and all other dental clinical examinations in the country. Therefore, candidates successfully completing the Florida Dental Clinical Examination or its parts in the present format and the Diagnostic Skills Examination as administered after February 1, 2009 may apply to the NERB for recognition of those results toward “NERB status,” i.e. passage of the NERB examination.

They also went on to say that they don't know if the certificates giving NERB status already mailed out to doctors will continue to be valid.

I smell class action lawsuit!!!

no one picks up the phone there. I have this problem too as I didnt sign up for NERB bec i was going to take Florida. I am from Florida and want to end up there but I want to practice in the north for a bit. I don't know what I am going to do if this is true. Help!

If I had the opportunity to take the boards for a Fl license, by taking the ADEX in another state, I would. The exams may be the same, but Fl exam in FL is noted for rejecting patients at a very high rate. Take the exam outside of FL