Has anyone heard back from Rush University in Chicago?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eedee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So has anyone that applied to Rush receive an email about an interview or has gotten accepted?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I submitted by application on October 15. I received an invitation to interview on November 17. I just had my interview but they said all the admissions decisions will be released at the same time in late january/early february.

If you don't mind, would you share your gpa and academic history?

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA: 3.98
PreReq GPA: 4.0
~60 hours of observation
GRE: 1300 (math/verbal: 720/580)

I just got an email notifying me of my acceptance today!
Anyone else?

I got mine yesterday too! IllinoisOT, is it your top choice?

For financial reasons I will probably choose UIC instead, but if Rush offers me scholarship $$ to make the cost more similar then I might still go there.

They must have accepted you both early because you have high stats! I heard the same, that they would be accepting people first week of February. I haven't heard anything yet but hopefully that doesn't mean I got rejected :/

I just found out I was wait-listed at Rush. A little bummed since I haven't heard back from any other schools yet. Hopefully, it'll be better news! Anyone else wait-listed for Rush?

-3.62 overall gpa (can't remember my pre-req gpa)
-about 80th percentile on GRE (new format)
-240 observation hours with OT and Speech-Path
-have worked as an instructor and group home manager for folks with autism for 3.5 years.

I was also waitlisted at Rush but I didn't accept because I was admitted to Ohio State and will be attending there. They told me in my interview that they typically go 10 deep on the waitlist, so don't give up hope! Good luck!

Thanks for the info, hlt0407. It put my mind at ease a little. 10 on the waitlist isn't too bad!

I actually applied to Rush with the thoughts that they wouldn't even send more than a rejection e-mail because I applied on the 15 of December- their absolute cut off date. However, I received an invitation to interview in the last week of December and actually interviewed with their very last group. A week later (about the third week of January) I received an acceptance e-mail, to my total surprise. It just goes to show that you should always try and apply somewhere even if it is nearing or after the cut off date. I actually think it can even work in your favor sometimes because if I had applied early they might have not accepted me because they thought there might be better coming. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear, it is truly a nerve-wracking experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you know what number you were on the waitlist before you were accepted?

I had asked them what number I was, and they told me it wasn't numbered.

They called and sent an e-mail to notify me that I was accepted.

Anyone else received acceptance off the waitlist? I am still on it and waiting to see what number I am =/

Anyone else received acceptance off the waitlist? I am still on it and waiting to see what number I am =/
I spoke to someone who is currently attending the program and they said that 29 people accepted and that it was announced the program might pull 5 more people off the waitlist. From what I recall at the interview they told us that they are only going to accept 30 people this year. So with the one person who confirmed on this form that they were accepted off the waitlist, it sounds like they are full. :( I guess we can only continue to wait and stay optimistic.

So has anyone that applied to Rush receive an email about an interview or has gotten accepted?

Thanks!

I just found out Friday that I got accepted! Have you heard anything back yet? Any other students who have been accepted there? Good luck!!

Any students heard back from Rush for Summer 2015? Just interviewed there last week and waiting for an acceptance/ wait list/ denial email. Anyone hear back yet??

Any students heard back from Rush for Summer 2015? Just interviewed there last week and waiting for an acceptance/ wait list/ denial email. Anyone hear back yet??

I found out a week after my interview that I got accepted..mine was about a month ago. Have you heard anything back yet??

I just found out Friday that I got accepted! Have you heard anything back yet? Any other students who have been accepted there? Good luck!!

I found out a week after my interview that I got accepted..mine was about a month ago. Have you heard anything back yet??

I was accepted as well! Will you guys be attending Rush this summer?