Has anyone heard back from Thomas Jefferson University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dimsim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I applied in Oct through PTCAS for Thomas Jefferson and finished supplemental on Nov 15th. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from them, good or bad.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was going to post the same question. My PTCAS was sent on September 21 and I completed their supplement app on September 27. I still haven't heard anything at all from them

Yeah there is another forum on this same subject for pharmacy; however as of yet still nothing. This wait is horrible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah the wait is horrible esp when I have to put down a deposit for $1000 somewhere else but Thomas is my first choice!! I really want to get in there! Let me know if you guys here anything from them.

Thanks!

What are the prerequisites for the DPT program at Thomas Jefferson University? I think i had difficulty finding them when I was looking.

Oh by the way, maybe it's taking so long to hear back because their deadline isn't all the way until May 2012.

Pre-reqs can be found for all PTCAS participating schools on the website. All requirements for each progam is listed

Wow, this is the first time i used PTCAS to see what a school's prerequisites were, i usually search through the school's website. Edit: nevermind I see now.

I just found a pamphlet that I got from jefferson when i went to an info session a year ago. It says if you have all of your app material in by october 31, they will have an admissions decision to you by December 31.

My PTCAS was sent to schools early November. They emailed me about an interview on Thanksgiving, I interviewed on 12/23 and was accepted on 12/28. They said they have a pretty quick turn around and you have to accept within a month. Good luck!

Hey IF u do not mind can you tell me at what GPA they accepted you I have been waiting for thomas jefferson to reply me I have sended my supplement essay on nov 30th and I am still waiting for them !!!

My ptcas got sent out 10/25 and I haven't heard yet either. My overall gpa is a 3.5 and my science gpa is a 3.0 :/ but my friend who has a higher gpa than I do and has an interview at Delaware tomorrow (which is ranked 4th) still hasn't heard back from Jefferson either so I wouldn't get super concerned yet

How did they ask for you the interview? Did they email or call you?

Thanks

ps

Are you going there or still waiting for some other school?

I just heard from Jefferson today, and was rejected unfortunately. :( it was in my top 3 schools but I guess I will have to be patient, I applied to 14 and have gotten 4 rejections so far (depressing) If I don't get in this year I'm definitely doing it all over again next year.

P.S. has anyone heard from Widener??

Members don't see this ad :)
do you mind me asking what your stats are?? I am still waiting to hear back from thomas jefferson

My stats weren't the greatest. Honestly I was taking a shot in the dark because I have worked as a Physical therapy technician for over a year now and have great experience. Obviously that wasn't enough to overlook my poor GPA and GRE scores. I took the new GRE and honestly studied like crazy and still didn't do that great, I'm not sure what the exact scores were off the top of my head (I'm not a standardized test taker) and my GPA was incomplete because I have 2 prereqs to finish this semester but it should end up around a 2.8 or 2.9 which is obviously low, I made some mistakes my freshman year of college and am paying for it now. My grades have gone up significantly since then and my GPA continues to increase. If I don't get in anywhere this year I will be retaking the GRE's and trying to improve my GPA. I won't stop until I get in!

Rejected by TJ today in the mail :/
PTAS prereq GPA: 2.98 (took more than half prereqs freshman year in an accelerated pharmacy program)
GRE: 1220
Hours: 500+ (400 inpatient as a rehab aide, 100 outpatient, 15 home care)
Accepted: LIU
Waitlisted: Pitt
Rejected: TJ, Chatham
Interviewed at NYU, still waiting to hear back

I am waiting for their reply yet I have got no email so far I wonder what they are doing ??? I submitted my application on november 30th

I submitted my application November 28th and also have not heard from them. I'd expect we'd hear around the same time! I know they already had at least one round of interviews. I did email the director of admissions at the beginning of last week and he said I should hear from them in the next couple of weeks so I am hoping by the end of next week?

I'm waiting also...did the supplemental and paid the $$ about the middle of December. Expecting to be rejected unfortunately :( . Not sure why it hasn't come yet.....

I think they might just be slammed with applicants. If we didnt receive a rejection letter yet, that is probably a good sign since some were already sent out. Hopefully we will hear something soon!!! I am nervous every day that I am going to get a bad news letter in the mail!

Temple University '12
Kines Pre-PT
Overall GPA 3.65
Pre-Req. 3.78
GRE: Verabal 148 Quant. 150
Volunteer/Observations: 50 outpatient, 50 Homecare
Applied: Temple, Drexel, Jefferson, UScranton, Widener
Interviewed: Jefferson (1/6)
Rejected: Drexel
Waitlist: UScranton
Accepted: Jefferson, Widener
Attending: Jefferson (My first choice), Deposit paid

I interviewed on 1/6 and heard back via email a week later. They are pretty quick once you get an interview however, it took a while for me to get an interview with them. I submitted my secondary in september and did not hear back until Thanksgiving

Goodluck

i just got a waitlist letter via email from them. so check your email

I got an email today that I was wait listed, but Ive already decided on going somewhere else

i am also planning on going elsewhere

oh boy... Thomas Jefferson received all my stuff in first week of November and still haven't heard a peep out of them.

I had a very strange experience with Jefferson. I knew they'd mail a supplementary form after my application was received and stayed on the lookout for it. Meanwhile, I'm taking my last pre-requisite class through their Jeff-at-Night program and had to access some course materials on their Blackboard. Logged on and realized my supplementary application had been sitting in an inbox at a jefferson.edu account I didn't know I even had, and that wasn't listed on my PTCAS as a contact email. It had been there for over a month. Sent it in in a panic immediately, that was about five weeks ago, I've since heard nothing but have been accepted at Drexel and Arcadia in the meanwhile and will be attending Arcadia.
Their process is very strange, and the delay curious.

I heard that Drexel recieved over 2000 applications so TJ might be in the same situation and its just taking them forever to get through them all....maybe?

My application was delivered to TJ in November and I have yet to hear anything from them. I believe they go through their applicant pool and choose the ones they want to interview first, send rejection letters to those who they do not believe qualify, and then hold those that they believe are borderline (this is what a friend explained to me when they interviewed with them in January).

Also, I think this is Drexel's first year using the PTCAS and that is why the number of applicants they received is so high.

It is really frustrating. It was my first choice but im getting so sick of waiting I am about to just forget about going there! I was accepted to a school that starts in May so I feel like I should be preparing for that at this point! If that is true though, why have they waitlisted some people? It makes sense though.

I sent in my application and supp back in late September to TJ. I have yet to hear anything about my status. Luckily I was accepted to other programs, but to those who have TJ as their first choice, this must be frustrating. I heard from someone that give out acceptance/interviews all through march, so keep you hopes up still. Not sure why TJ lets people know so much later than most schools.

Do you know how big their class is? And who did you hear that from roanoke?