Has anyone heard from Columbia or NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ready2roll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Columbia or NYU regarding acceptances for OT?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from NYU last week, though I was wait-listed. Good luck, and I hope you hear something soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Columbia, NYU and LIU and haven't heard back yet. Did anyone apply to schools in New Jersey?

I applied to Columbia, NYU and LIU and haven't heard back yet. Did anyone apply to schools in New Jersey?

I applied to NYU, Columbia and Seton Hall in NJ. The whole waiting game is driving me nuts..

I applied to NYU, Columbia and Seton Hall in NJ. The whole waiting game is driving me nuts..
Yep, I know what you mean. We are just gonna have to wait it out. Are you from the New Jersey/New York area?

Yep, I know what you mean. We are just gonna have to wait it out. Are you from the New Jersey/New York area?

Yes I'm finishing up my undergrad. in NJ. What about you?

Me too. I go to Kean University. They have an OT program too but they just added a new pre req for this this year's application

Bbs11...Sorry about being wait-listed but when did you send in your application to NYU if you don't mind me asking?

I just went on an interview for kean yesterday. They said about 4 weeks until they send out decision letters. I also applied to Columbia and seton hall but haven't heard anything. Good luck to everyone!

Got an acceptance to Columbia today via email! Has anyone else heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance letter in the mail from NYU today! Still waiting on Columbia.

Got my acceptance letter in the mail from NYU today! Still waiting on Columbia.

Congrats!!! I'm still waiting to hear back. When did you submit your application to the NYU program?

Is anyone from nj thinking of commuting to Columbia?

For people who are applying to NYU and Columbia and aren't applying to Downstate, what are your reasons?

Also, are you planning on taking out living expense loans while in school. I'm concerned that private loans will be necessary.

congrats!! do you guys mind sharing your stats? I am looking to start applying in the Fall

congrats! didnt know columbia would send email decisions before mail decisions...

Yeah I thought it was kind of strange to get an email saying I was accepted but I'll take it lol. Best of luck!!!

When did you all apply? My application was complete as of November 29th at which time I received an email confirming my application was submitted. I called the admissions office last month since I had not heard a peep since that confirmation email and the woman I spoke with said applicants would start to hear back 12 weeks after the February deadline (somewhere around May). I made it a point to confirm she meant at the earliest and not the latest. I am SO confused now! Waiting is the worst isn't it? :)

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Columbia or NYU regarding acceptances for OT?
That's what I'm curious about too. I know NYU is sending out letters and emails now due to your guys' responses here but I haven't read anything about COLUMBIA. Anyone here (besides LVD) receive a response from Columbia???

I got into Columbia too via email, still waiting for the package in the mail. Did they offer you any financial assistance? Are you going to go to Columbia? I'm having a hard time deciding where to go.

congrats!! do you guys mind sharing your stats? I am looking to start applying in the Fall

Overall GPA 3.67
Psychology GPA 3.8
GRE: 1170
Extracurricular: Vietnamese Student Association Advisor, President, VP, Intern; Commencement Student Speaker, English Tutor, Resident Advisor, Assistant Resident Director, University's Honors Program, Research Assistant for 3 years
Accepted: Boston University, WUSTL, Columbia, USC, and Tufts
Waiting: UIC and University of Washington

For everyone who was accepted to Columbia, did they give you a date that you need to send in your deposit by? I heard that they accept a group of people and give them a date to commit by, and then accept more people based on how many deposits they get. Does anyone know if that is the case?

For everyone who was accepted to Columbia, did they give you a date that you need to send in your deposit by? I heard that they accept a group of people and give them a date to commit by, and then accept more people based on how many deposits they get. Does anyone know if that is the case?

I don't know if it is the case that they accept more students after others accept or deny their admissions, but they require a deposit by March 16th at the very latest.

hey, on what day did you receive the congratulations email? :)

I applied near the deadline days for NYU and Columbia and just heard back from both schools today. I got accepted to both , but am unsure where to go. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ah! I have only heard back from NYU (accepted!), but not yet from Columbia. I am also still waiting from UIC, WashU, and Temple ... not sure if they went to my spam box and I deleted, or if my skinny envelope got lost in the mail, or if they are still deciding if I can be squeezed in at the very end! Crossing fingers :xf::xf::xf:

Anyway, I got a good vibe from both Columbia and NYU when I visited. I am from New York, but I've been in Chicago/Oregon for a decade after high school. I just moved back and want to stay here, I don't know which I'd pick if I got into both ... I think they will be equally pricey too, there's a chance I'll end up going where it's cheapest (even if it's out of state).

Good luck! :)

Just got into UIC! A good end to a fairly rollercoaster week (blaming the full moon for it all!)

Overall GPA 3.67
Psychology GPA 3.8
GRE: 1170
Extracurricular: Vietnamese Student Association Advisor, President, VP, Intern; Commencement Student Speaker, English Tutor, Resident Advisor, Assistant Resident Director, University's Honors Program, Research Assistant for 3 years
Accepted: Boston University, WUSTL, Columbia, USC, and Tufts
Waiting: UIC and University of Washington
knguy...why did you not choose tufts?

I got into Columbia too via email, still waiting for the package in the mail. Did they offer you any financial assistance? Are you going to go to Columbia? I'm having a hard time deciding where to go.

I have been looking into grants and little other ways to maybe get some cash for school. As far as i know the only thing to do is take out the loans. I have also looked into loan forgiveness. If you work for a federal, state or government agency for some time after you graduate after a certain number of payments, the rest of your loans are forgiven. I know its an extremely expensive school but none of the other schools excite me quite as much. I am going to go to columbia. How about you?

LVD- I thought Columbia had a blind financial aid and gave some kind of financial aid to all students accepted. Do you know if it's true?

LVD- I thought Columbia had a blind financial aid and gave some kind of financial aid to all students accepted. Do you know if it's true?

OH MY THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! I am going to an open on the 31st so i am hoping to get the low-down on all the financial aspects of the program. I am going to look into the blind financial aid thing right now though. That would be the icing on the cake :)

Lol. I know they say something about it on their site. I just don't know how it really works. Please let me know when you find out because I'm going to apply to Columbia and they're my #1 but if they don't give financial aid I won't be able to go:( (if I get accepted!).

I have been looking into grants and little other ways to maybe get some cash for school. As far as i know the only thing to do is take out the loans. I have also looked into loan forgiveness. If you work for a federal, state or government agency for some time after you graduate after a certain number of payments, the rest of your loans are forgiven. I know its an extremely expensive school but none of the other schools excite me quite as much. I am going to go to columbia. How about you?

I just came back from a visit from Washington University in St. Louis and the area is amazing and the program was very personable for a prestigious program. I am leaning towards Washington University for the reasons above and for financial reasons. If Columbia provided more financial aid, I would love to consider them. I put in my deposit for Columbia already, just in case. Can you describe some things about Columbia's program that stood out to you? That way I can get more insight.

My daughter was all set to go to Washington University in St. Louis and then we were the area was extremely dangerous.St. Louis is in the top 10% crime in the country...http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city/missouri/st._louis

but,we were not there...

I actually went to visit St. Louis because all the other places I got admitted to I already had a feel of how the area was going to be so I wanted to make sure I checked out St. Louis for myself. I too was worried about the crime stats but the reason for its high rate in crime in because of East St. Louis (which is actually considered Illinois and is not anywhere near the school). The school is in Central West End which looked like a very safe place, people were walking around, to and from the medical campus. I also had dinner on Euclid which is a street near the medical campus that a lot of the students go to eat, and it had a nice college feel.

knguy...why did you not choose tufts?

My main reason was bc it wasn't on a medical campus, but that's my personal preference. Also, it is expensive, price is very close to Boston U so if I were to move to MA, I'd probably go to BU.

Can somebody please tell me what the deposits are for Columbia, Washington-St. Louis, Tufts, and UIC? I need to know how much to have on hand if and when I get acceptance letters. Thank you so much!

Columbia is 400 before March 1st, 500 after.
UIC does not require a deposit.

Thanks so much! Those were the main two I was curious about.

Hello --

Has anyone else heard back from Columbia? Acceptance or rejection?

Waiting!

Thanks.

Hello --

Has anyone else heard back from Columbia? Acceptance or rejection?

Waiting!

Thanks.

Hi! We're supposed to let them know by March 14th, so my guess would be that the second round of acceptances will be mailed out soon after that!

OK -- thanks for that info --- I know they will only accept 50 students for the class -- I will remain hopeful!
If you rec'd an acceptance, congratulations!!
All the best --

OK -- thanks for that info --- I know they will only accept 50 students for the class -- I will remain hopeful!
If you rec'd an acceptance, congratulations!!
All the best --

Thank you- good luck to you :)