has anyone heard from Rush?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutedoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything from Rush. I was wondering if any of you guys know what's going with them?

Members don't see this ad.

cutedoc said:
I haven't heard anything from Rush. I was wondering if any of you guys know what's going with them?

I haven't heard anything either. They are mad slow in everything that they do, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

It took them 6 weeks to add a rec letter to my web page. They interview into april as well

So, anyone else hear from Rush lately? Acceptances, Waitlists, rejections? The school does have a reputation of being slow, but it seems abnormally that way this year. :confused:

Good luck to all those in limbo (such as myself) ...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete there in late June, finally got an interview invite in mid Dec, interviewed mid-Jan and was accepted three weeks later. :D

When I was there for my interview I asked the admission lady if she was looking forward to interview season being almost over, and she said they were only in the middle of it. She said they would interview into April. . . :luck:

I was complete in late September and have yet to hear anything. I had friends who applied there last year and never heard another word - ever. Not even a rejection letter or a "hey, sorry we never took the time to look through your file, but thanks for the 75 BIG ONES!" So I'm not really expecting to hear from them, but I'm really happy where I got accepted anyways! :)

so i just called them, and they said that they were getting ready to send out A LOT of interview invitations over the next few weeks (by email, as we all know by now). they're just really behind, i guess. she almost made it seem like nothing much had been going on in the last 2 months, and that NOW they were going to send a surge of invitations.

good luck guys. Rush is an excellent school. i interviewed late december and was accepted 5 days later. if you have any questions regarding the interview day, PM me. :thumbup:

I interviewed a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. But then my interviews sucked.

Hey Redruby, I'm sorry to hear about your negative interview experience. Yea, looking back at my rush interview, it wasn't that great. My interview day was a little disorganized and both my interviewers grilled me on every little thing on my application. unlike many other schools, rush is very big on your personality, background, and ability to handle stress. Rush wants to know who you are and what you are made of!! That is why Rush has such an extensive secondary, and why the interviewers grill you on everything.

Actually, this is what I like about Rush. I know I will be surrounded by classmmates who aren't accepted because they are bookworms. Instead, I know my classmmates will have attributes that make them good doctors.

For those of you are still waiting for your interview, be patient. Rush reads every word you wrote in your secondary. The staff ain't sitting on their behinds the past couple months. They were busy reading your secondaries and making sure you will be a goood dr.

Bottom line: Many of you will not have the best interview experience at Rush. But in hte back of your heads, you need to understand why they make the interviews so difficult. good luck :thumbup:

redruby said:
I interviewed a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. But then my interviews sucked.

The recent feedback on Rush interviews is a bit ambiguous. A friend of mine that interviewed there had a fairly pleasant experience. He didn't get grilled by any of his interviewers. As posted above, a tough interview is not necessarily a bad thing (a quick search on this site turns up a few posts supporting that).

Congrats Sdnstud on your acceptance! :thumbup: How did they let you know about your acceptance (e.g., snail mail with a big ol' envelope, phone call, etc.)?

I've heard good things about Rush as well, and would love to go there.

Hopefully, a recent post on Rush hinting they're done with this season isn't true.

Good luck guys.

wild0ne said:
Congrats Sdnstud on your acceptance! :thumbup: How did they let you know about your acceptance (e.g., snail mail with a big ol' envelope, phone call, etc.)?
Hopefully, a recent post on Rush hinting they're done with this season isn't true.
Good luck guys.

Thank you. My acceptance notice came in the mail (snail mail). It was a small envelope, 2 pages. No phone calls, emails or updated status page.

Can someone post the phone number for rush status checks.
Thanks.

DrOwen said:
Can someone post the phone number for rush status checks.
Thanks.

You can email to: [email protected] , or call 312-942-6913. Not sure if you can call on specific days only...

Members don't see this ad :)
bump.

still no word for me. anyone else?

also, even if they interview "well into april", it is mid-march already. what's their lag time in notifying you of an interview and the earliest available interview dates?

I havent posted in a while, but I am a second year at Rush, and it is nice to see people who are truly interested in coming to Rush. I am in the middle of finals, and let me tell you, 2nd year is fairly rough, but i do love it at Rush, i like to do a thread search to kind of see the light, and people truly excited about med school... PM me if you guys have any questions

JuicyDay said:
so i just called them, and they said that they were getting ready to send out A LOT of interview invitations over the next few weeks (by email, as we all know by now). they're just really behind, i guess. she almost made it seem like nothing much had been going on in the last 2 months, and that NOW they were going to send a surge of invitations.

Do the emails for interviews only go out on Mondays? I'm not sure where I heard this.

soooo Rush is named for Benjamin Rush, father of American psychiatry, who also happened to postulate that the color of Black people's skin comes from a leprosy-like disease. he went on to add that:" ...by seeking a cure for this condition and subsequently removing the Negro’s blackness, a great service could be rendered to mankind...He therefore maintained that the removal of the Negro’s blackness would render him a certain amount of happiness since it was obvious that some Negroes had difficulty accepting their blackness: “Forever how well they appear to be satisfied with their color, there were many proofs of their preferring that of the white."

Interesting facts..interesting facts... what do we think of THIS legacy ladies and gentlemen?

<bump>

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back! It's been 4 weeks since I interviewed, so I'm thinking my chances are slim to none for an acceptance at this point. :( It seems like good news comes early from Rush.

Anyone been accepted 4+ weeks post-interview? My 8-ball wasn't much help....

For those waiting for interviews: posts from the last few years show Rush interviewing well into the spring.

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news for all of us this week ... :luck:

<bumpx2>

Alas, I am neurotic (beyond the denial stage). :(

I was rejected approximately 2.5 weeks post interview. Apparently, the files go to commitee on Mondays, which is when they vote.

Hope this helps!

Hey wildOne, why don't you call the admissions office and ask them if your file has been presented to the committee?

wild0ne said:
<bumpx2>

Alas, I am neurotic (beyond the denial stage). :(

sdnstud said:
Hey wildOne, why don't you call the admissions office and ask them if your file has been presented to the committee?

yep, I did just that and got the dreaded, "Your file has not been reviewed yet; it'll be reviewed next week/Monday". To me, this translates to, "Thanks for applying, your rejection letter or waitlist spot awaits ..." :(

I was hesitant to call, since I didn't want to seem too anxious (which I was). Then, I figured the admissions offices have to be used to the pre-med types by now.

redruby said:
I was rejected approximately 2.5 weeks post interview. Apparently, the files go to commitee on Mondays, which is when they vote.

Hope this helps!

Sorry to hear that redruby. :( Hopefully, another school sees (or already has seen) you in a different light. :luck:

If they say your file will be reviewed next week, then be patient. Don't jump to the conclusion that you are a pending reject.

You shouldn't hesitate to call. You can start the phone call by saying, "I called last week regarding my application and was told to check back with you this week. Can I get an update on your application status." And end the phone call by saying, "oh, so my application will not be reviewed until next week? Would it be ok for me to call back by the end of next week to get an update?"

wild0ne said:
yep, I did just that and got the dreaded, "Your file has not been reviewed yet; it'll be reviewed next week/Monday". To me, this translates to, "Thanks for applying, your rejection letter or waitlist spot awaits ..." :(

I was hesitant to call, since I didn't want to seem too anxious (which I was). Then, I figured the admissions offices have to be used to the pre-med types by now.

sdnstud said:
If they say your file will be reviewed next week, then be patient. Don't jump to the conclusion that you are a pending reject.

You shouldn't hesitate to call. You can start the phone call by saying, "I called last week regarding my application and was told to check back with you this week. Can I get an update on your application status." And end the phone call by saying, "oh, so my application will not be reviewed until next week? Would it be ok for me to call back by the end of next week to get an update?"

Thanks Sdnstud. The anxiety of not knowing was just getting to me. When I called, the conversation was pretty similar to how you advised above. Looks like I won't be bumping threads anymore (well, at least not for another week). ;)

Hey all. First of all, congrats to those that are in @ Rush and to those still waiting... hang in there. I work at Rush and I interviewed on 2/8. I got my news on 3/4, which is about 3.5 weeks for those of you counting days. Things are definitely slow in coming. By my interview, they said said they were only about half way through and that I could expect info in about 2-4 weeks. However, the office is completely closed this week due to match. I have no idea how that affects things going on behind closed doors, but they are virtually shut down (at least to the outside world). So, keep that in mind. Also, if anybody has questions (as I have gotten in and I work here), fire away.

jennben4 said:
Hey all. First of all, congrats to those that are in @ Rush and to those still waiting... hang in there. I work at Rush and I interviewed on 2/8. I got my news on 3/4, which is about 3.5 weeks for those of you counting days. Things are definitely slow in coming. By my interview, they said said they were only about half way through and that I could expect info in about 2-4 weeks. However, the office is completely closed this week due to match. I have no idea how that affects things going on behind closed doors, but they are virtually shut down (at least to the outside world). So, keep that in mind. Also, if anybody has questions (as I have gotten in and I work here), fire away.

Hey jennben, do you think you will be attending next year? If you are, maybe I will see you at the Second Look day, anyways I am gonna go bump the Rush thread.

I interviewed at Rush on 2/22 and was told I would hear from them within 2-4 weeks. It is now 3/22; is this something I should be concerned about... would they have accepted me already if that was what was going to happen, or is the school just slow? I am practically in need of Valium my nerves are shot to come home every day to an empty mailbox!!! (although not too keen on coming home to a mailbox with a rejection letter in it) :eek:

Also, if I call them to ask about the application, what do I say? This is the first school I interviewed at and the only school that gave me a general timeframe so I am not sure what to expect.

teenyM24 said:
Also, if I call them to ask about the application, what do I say? This is the first school I interviewed at and the only school that gave me a general timeframe so I am not sure what to expect.

You say, "I interviewed on 2/22 and was told I would hear back within 2-4 weeks. I am calling to see if my application has been presented to the admissions Committee. If so, when should I expect a decision."

I got invited for an interview last wednesday 3/16. I scheduled for 3/29.

teenyM24 said:
I interviewed at Rush on 2/22 and was told I would hear from them within 2-4 weeks. It is now 3/22; is this something I should be concerned about... would they have accepted me already if that was what was going to happen, or is the school just slow? I am practically in need of Valium my nerves are shot to come home every day to an empty mailbox!!! (although not too keen on coming home to a mailbox with a rejection letter in it) :eek:

Valium? I've been sniffing on my highlighter for the last few weeks to pass the time. ;) I interviewed about a week before you, and have yet to hear a word as well (told us 2-4 weeks as well). My gut feeling is that something should be coming this week; although, I have the same worries as you - seems like acceptances come quicker.

I agree with Sdnstud - just call, and say exactly what he posted. As you can see from my posts, the wait was killing me too - until I called. Now, it's just giving me heartburn.

:luck: to everyone waiting for Rush... be sure to keep this thread alive if you hear anything!

Well, perhaps since they are starting to get it together and are catching up with interviews, things just might be slowing down in the office. I just saw a tour walk by my lab door and it was about twice the size as my interview group. It could be normal variation (I would have no idea, since I only interviewed myself once!), but it seems logical that they are bulking up the volume of interviewing, notifying, etc... Hang in there for news...

Rzarecta - I don't even know when second look is for Rush. I don't know if it would be of any use to me, since I work here and all. I'll probably be sitting at my grinding wheel watching people walk by! (I work on a floor that many classes are held). As of now I'm coming here. I'm just waiting on Pitt... Even if I get in at Pitt, I might still end up here. I haven't made up my mind yet. We'll see. What about you?

I just called them right now and they said they met this week. I got accepted :D woohoo!! I interviewed Feb 21st, so anyone who interviewed till a couple of weeks after me should be hearing from them. You can also call at 312-942-6913. They have a second look day on Friday, April 8th from 10 AM - 3 PM.

I called the admissions office with the carefully prepared script given to me by other kind message board users ;) and I also found out that I had been accepted.

Still, I haven't received the letter after interviewing 2/22; I'm starting to wonder if they sent it out by carrier pigeon!

teenyM24 said:
I called the admissions office with the carefully prepared script given to me by other kind message board users ;) and I also found out that I had been accepted.

Still, I haven't received the letter after interviewing 2/22; I'm starting to wonder if they sent it out by carrier pigeon!

They were sending it out yesterday when I called.

does anyone know if Rush is still sending out interview invites, since they interview well into April?