Has anyone heard from UAB?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PandaVol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UAB about interviews? If so, how long did it take for you to hear from them after your app was verified?

I It's been about two weeks since all my apps have been verified and so far I have interviews with SCO, UMSL, and Indiana. UAB sent an email saying that they would call us if our app was "competitive" enough? I'm just wondering because UAB and SCO are my top choices, but I'm starting to think that I won't be hearing from UAB.

Members don't see this ad.

I think sometimes some schools just take a while to get back if they have more competitive applicants in the pool. For NECO and UIWRSO I submitted my app in August and didn't get offered anything until October whereas other schools called me within days of recieving my app. Just try not to think about it and focus on the other schools in the mean time :D

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from UAB about interviews? If so, how long did it take for you to hear from them after your app was verified?

I It's been about two weeks since all my apps have been verified and so far I have interviews with SCO, UMSL, and Indiana. UAB sent an email saying that they would call us if our app was "competitive" enough? I'm just wondering because UAB and SCO are my top choices, but I'm starting to think that I won't be hearing from UAB.

Are you in-state? I submitted end of August and my committee letter was submitted end of September and I have heard nothing.. It's making me super anxious since I've gotten a few interviews 2-4 weeks after submitting my app... I'm in-state too so I was thinking my chances to interview were higher but I have an uneasy feeling that it looks like I won't hear from them either

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you in-state? I submitted end of August and my committee letter was submitted end of September and I have heard nothing.. It's making me super anxious since I've gotten a few interviews 2-4 weeks after submitting my app... I'm in-state too so I was thinking my chances to interview were higher but I have an uneasy feeling that it looks like I won't hear from them either

Out of state :( I just wish schools would let us know that we're not competitive enough instead of killing us with suspense lol. I know it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to hear back from them.

Out of state :( I just wish schools would let us know that we're not competitive enough instead of killing us with suspense lol. I know it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to hear back from them.

Augh I know... Well at least I know I'm not alone... I'm hoping they are just waiting on my fall grades. Have you called up and asked?

Had a total dumb moment too of course I know you're out of state haha!! :p

I interviewed and was accepted to UAB back in September. I don't know how often they interview, but from what I have seen they had one big interview day early, and have since interviewed just a few people. It is a great school and they have a small class size so I am sure they are taking their time. It took about a month for me to hear anything from them after my application was verified, but that could have been because they didn't start inviting for interviews until September.

I called them back in August when I was worried about the same thing and asked if they would say anything if I were not competitive, and they said they would. I would go ahead and call too, just to make sure so you aren't sitting around waiting to hear something.

I interviewed and was accepted to UAB back in September. I don't know how often they interview, but from what I have seen they had one big interview day early, and have since interviewed just a few people. It is a great school and they have a small class size so I am sure they are taking their time. It took about a month for me to hear anything from them after my application was verified, but that could have been because they didn't start inviting for interviews until September.

I called them back in August when I was worried about the same thing and asked if they would say anything if I were not competitive, and they said they would. I would go ahead and call too, just to make sure so you aren't sitting around waiting to hear something.

My application was verified end of August and they got my committee letter around 09/20.. Just freaking out a little because I'm in-state so I would've assumed my chances we're higher...guess not.. But I'm hoping they are just waiting on my fall grades. I'll probably give them a call. Thanks!

Also, do you mean they would tell you that over the phone or you would've found out right away if you weren't competitive ?

Thanks for the reply guys! I haven't called yet but I probably will if I don't get accepted to SCO first (my interview is next week!) Thanks again

Well I asked that whenever they made a decision to offer an interview or not, would they let me know either way. I have no idea how or when they would let someone know they weren't competitive, I would hope it would be close to when they looked at their application. If you were verified that long ago, they probably have you on some sort of stand by or something, but I would definitely call to clear it up, especially since time is important when making your own decision on where to attend.

I got an interview invite 4 weeks after my application was "completed". They called me first then they sent me an email. After the interview, uab took one week to make the decision.

Last edited:
I got an interview invite 4 weeks after my application was "completed". They called me first then they sent me an email. After the interview, uab took one week to make the decision.
Are you instate?

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! Just an update. I finally heard back from UAB and they invited me for an interview! It took about a month from the time I was verified to the time they finally called me. The lady was telling me how they were taking a while because it's currently prime interview/acceptance time, and they have had a lot to look over. Anyways, I guess that answered my question! Thanks again.

Are you instate?

Chelle111, have you called and asked them about it yet? They don't seem like they have it all together. The lady that called me put me on hold twice within 45 seconds to answer other phone calls (I could hear them ringing in the back). She was talking so fast & seemed like she was rushing through things. And THEN, she accidentally hung up on me! lol. All within a minute of her calling me. I had to call her back to schedule an interview date -_-

Congrats on the interview! Let us know how it goes! Did you go to UT for undergrad?

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! Just an update. I finally heard back from UAB and they invited me for an interview! It took about a month from the time I was verified to the time they finally called me. The lady was telling me how they were taking a while because it's currently prime interview/acceptance time, and they have had a lot to look over. Anyways, I guess that answered my question! Thanks again.

Chelle111, have you called and asked them about it yet? They don't seem like they have it all together. The lady that called me put me on hold twice within 45 seconds to answer other phone calls (I could hear them ringing in the back). She was talking so fast & seemed like she was rushing through things. And THEN, she accidentally hung up on me! lol. All within a minute of her calling me. I had to call her back to schedule an interview date -_-

Congrats! No , I have not called them but part of me has given up haha. I haven't heard of too many alabama people going in for interviews yet but it would be nice considering its in state tuition :(

Congrats on the interview! Let us know how it goes! Did you go to UT for undergrad?

Thanks! I will. And yeah, I did. Did my username give it away? haha. I'm torn between SCO and UAB, but right now I'd love to just get accepted to one!

Congrats! No , I have not called them but part of me has given up haha. I haven't heard of too many alabama people going in for interviews yet but it would be nice considering its in state tuition :(

Don't give up yet! Definitely call them before you decide to head elsewhere.

My wife is from Chattanooga and went to UT is the only reason I ask. I was looking at both of those too, but my wife wasn't the biggest fan of Memphis. Plus I want to do research, and the class size at UAB is small, great school, so it was easy for me.