has anyone heard from University of Washington (seattle)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportsnut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard from university of washington (seattle) yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, I haven't even gotten so much as an email to say they received my application. The website says that they notify people towards the end of Feb though so I guess we should hear in a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone who is on the board of admissions. They met up on Monday and I guess letters should be sent out soon.

i haven't heard anything either.. a friend of mine who is in her third year of PT school at uw said that they usually send out around valentine's day. so hopefully we will know by sometime next week.

today i heard from another applicant that she has been accepted. I have yet to receive a letter. Has everyody else got theirs?

I got mine on Friday. I got in! Now I just have to decide if I want to go there because I don't really know anything about the program...I wish they had done interviews.

Received my acceptance yesterday. I am in the same boat, don't know too much about the program and haven't had a chance to visit. Can any current students give us some details??

Same boat, same question. I know a graduate of the program (class of '08), so I'll ask her some questions. But she attended while the program was in transition (her first year was MPT, after that DPT), so she didn't have the best or most representative experience. She did say that sometimes the professors seemed more focused on their research than their teaching, which is inline with U.W.'s role as a research facility. Students in her class were also disappointed they did not get into the clinical settings they were most interested in. But I haven't talked to her in a while, so I don't know how she feels about her education now that she's had time to reflect on it and compare it to colleagues. I'll talk to her again and report back. Any specific questions I should ask?

Can someone start a separate thread on U.W. experiences? It seems like one would be useful for each school we're considering. I'll post to that or create one after I talk to her.