Has anyone here made a significant improvement from their first practice test to their last one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor in da makin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on completing 8 practice tests within the next 2.5 weeks. I will thoroughly review what I got wrong (and correct) after every single test before starting the next one.

I just took my first complete test and feel a little discouraged. (it was under a 500)

Should I expect to see an improvement by test 8 using this method?

Members don't see this ad.

Use it to build up your endurance and learn how to analyze passages, because from all the tests I've done the majority of the answers you can derive right out of the passage. 8 tests in 2.5 weeks though is tough, don't burn yourself out.

I did 10 tests over my 2.5 months of studying, scores started around 495-497 (Kaplan), mid to end I was around 502-506 (TPR/EK), just last 2 weeks I wrote NS 1-3 and the AAMC. Ended up scoring 506-508 on NS (They're inflated though, compared to Kaplan/TPR from what I've read), and 83% overall on the AAMC which from the conversion is about 512-513.

So yeah, you should see an improvement, but I'd say focus more on the method of how it's tested and how you can usually deduce the right answer if your content is solid.

The AAMC is the only real test that you can use to evaluate how you'll do, a lot of prep company's will deflate your score.

Good luck man, take it easy and if any tests I'd recommend EK. They're much harder than the AAMC practice, but good practice and more experiment driven just like the AAMC FL.