Has anyone only applied to their state school and gotten in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fayevalentine

See you space cowboy.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I get a lecture, this isn't what I'm planning. However, my list of schools is VERY short. I'm just curious if anyone knows of anyone who has done this successfully.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure there are some people who have done it and it worked. But the real question is how in the world should this impact your decision? Every applicant is rated differently, it has no bearing on whether or not another person would be successful doing this.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure there are some people who have done it and it worked. But the real question is how in the world should this impact your decision? Every applicant is rated differently, it has no bearing on whether or not another person would be successful doing this.
It won't impact me, my mind is already made up. I just thought it would be interesting to discuss :). Obviously each case is independent of others.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Texas and in a pickle, should I apply out of state or not?
My stats are ok but the reason is even if i were to get an interview and accepted out of state, I would not matriculate and probably apply again to Texas the following cycle hoping to get in. Many people say to ask yourself if you would attend the school you are applying to before you apply

I'm from Texas and in a pickle, should I apply out of state or not?
My stats are ok but the reason is even if i were to get an interview and accepted out of state, I would not matriculate and probably apply again to Texas the following cycle hoping to get in. Many people say to ask yourself if you would attend the school you are applying to before you apply
If you get accepted and then decide to decline you are committing dental suicide. Better to not apply at all then do that. Only apply if you are 1000% certain you would attend if accepted. A few google searches will give you valuable insight.

If you get accepted and then decide to decline you are committing dental suicide. Better to not apply at all then do that. Only apply if you are 1000% certain you would attend if accepted. A few google searches will give you valuable insight.
Yeah that's where I was going, only apply if you know you would attend, but some say applying only to 3 is also dental suicide, idk im just going to go play halo

I've meet several people who have done this.
Yes, they got in.
Do I recommend doing this? No.

Yeah that's where I was going, only apply if you know you would attend, but some say applying only to 3 is also dental suicide, idk im just going to go play halo

3 is very little unless you have a 4.10 gpa from an Ivy League, 30 AA 30 TS PAT 30 and found a cure for oral cancer. But if that's all you can do, put 150% into your application.

I know a few people who've applied to 3 or fewer schools. One got in, the others did not. Depends on your state, your luck, and you.

Reactions: 2 users