Has anyone taken their MCAT at the Prometric center in Alameda, CA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheShaker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my MCAT at the Prometric Testing Center in Alameda, CA. I am confused on its location since the information on AAMC conflicts with what I am finding on Google maps. AAMC says that it is on Harbor Bay Pkwy, zip code 94502 while the map on Google says that it is on Central Ave, zip code 94501. :confused: Can someone who has taken it here clarify for me?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took it there actually. It's the Harbor Parkway address, AAMC does not lie! The Google maps one you're talking about I think may have been an old center, this one seems brand new. It was actually really nice, and the proctors were about as congenial as they could have been. Good temperature, good noise level, good computers.

Best of luck on your test!

I just took it there actually. It's the Harbor Parkway address, AAMC does not lie! The Google maps one you're talking about I think may have been an old center, this one seems brand new. It was actually really nice, and the proctors were about as congenial as they could have been. Good temperature, good noise level, good computers.

Best of luck on your test!

Nice. I guess Google just didn't update it yet. Thanks a lot for your help! :)

The parking around that area really sucks if your driving there. Expect to have to park anywhere from 3 to 5 blocks away from the center itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
The parking around that area really sucks if your driving there. Expect to have to park anywhere from 3 to 5 blocks away from the center itself.
Uh...I parked in their giant lot (for free) during the entire length of the test. You might be thinking of the old Alameda test center on Central Ave. This new Harbor Parkway location is in the middle of nowhere among an endless stretch of faceless office buildings, but there was TONS of parking.

Either that, or I really lucked out by not getting a ticket/towed after parking in their lot for 6 hours. If that's true, then I certainly wasn't the only one because I saw a few other cars parked in the lot where I could clearly see people who were also studying their Kaplan quicksheets:)

I have my MCAT at the Prometric Testing Center in Alameda, CA. I am confused on its location since the information on AAMC conflicts with what I am finding on Google maps. AAMC says that it is on Harbor Bay Pkwy, zip code 94502 while the map on Google says that it is on Central Ave, zip code 94501. :confused: Can someone who has taken it here clarify for me?
Harbor Bay Pkwy is RIGHT next to the Oakland Airport. You drive as if you're going to the airport and actually go right by it so be prepared for traffic from people trying to catch their flights. Also, depending on the flight patterns there can be noise from the planes.