Has anyone used MTB:IM on their rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kboy2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

I looked all over and could not find an answer to this question, including going through the shelf thread.

I am thinking I want to use MTB IM + the accompanying medquest lectures over SUTM, as the latter seems far too dense. Has anyone used this resource for their IM rotation and did well?

I definitely intend to use other resources like Uworld and onlinemeded, but as far as my 'go-to' text book I think I may go this route. Can anyone give a reason for or against?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys

I looked all over and could not find an answer to this question, including going through the shelf thread.

I am thinking I want to use MTB IM + the accompanying medquest lectures over SUTM, as the latter seems far too dense. Has anyone used this resource for their IM rotation and did well?

I definitely intend to use other resources like Uworld and onlinemeded, but as far as my 'go-to' text book I think I may go this route. Can anyone give a reason for or against?

Thanks
Used both SUTM and MTB2. SUTM should be used if you are weak on the subject/ need a good rehash. Skim it if you know the subject really well.
MTB2 should be used 1-2 weeks before the shelf for a good refresher/ small bits of info that may show up [especially those green boxes]. Other than that MTB2 is too bare bones while SUTM is too dense so you need to find a happy middle. Knowing UWORLD in and out will get you at least 80%+ so use all 3 to your advantage. Hope this helps.